Part II: Chapter 12 - Cross Fire That You Can't Ignore

Previously:
- Newt suffered from a nightmare and Catherine knew how to deal with it
- Angela saw a vision but she didn't know what to make of it
- Turns out that there's another character from The Maze Runner realm that's in the same realm

Part II: Chapter 12 - Cross Fire That You Can't Ignore

June 22, 2014
12:17 pm

Angela was using the phone while Thomas, Newt, and Catherine were watching television in Thomas's room. She was going to join them but she needed to call the Rosewood Institute first to tell them that (Y/N) was going to have visitors. They said that they'll allow her to have visitors on one o'clock in the afternoon.

When she was finished with the call, she was about to go to Thomas's room to tell them that she already set the appointment. But when she opened the door, she saw a familiar face in the hallway and it looked like she was familiar to him too. She's only met the man once but she recognized him because of the vision she had last night.

They spent a second staring at each other until the man was the first one who made the move towards her. She met him halfway, a few steps away from Thomas's room. She had no idea that he wanted to stop them from completing their mission.

"Good afternoon," Angela said.

"Good afternoon umm..."

"Angela."

"Right. Angela."

"Surprise meeting you here," she said. "I guess you still haven't gone home since you sent (Y/N) here."

"Yeah," he lied. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to visit (Y/N)."

"Just you?"

Angela wanted to tell him about Newt, but she contemplated if she should or if she could. She never thought to think about if John believed (Y/N)'s story. He was the one who placed her in the asylum after all. If she told him, he wouldn't believe her.

"Um no, I have Thomas and Catherine with me."

"Just them?"

Does he know?

"Well we do have this one friend with us, but he's just tagging along. (Y/N) doesn't really know him."

"I hate to say this but I think it's best that if you don't visit (Y/N) today."

Angela was starting to feel weird around him. There were red flags in her mind but she doesn't know why yet.

"Why?"

"I talked with her earlier and she said that she wasn't feeling well."

The red flags now were waving right in front of Angela's eyes. The doctors could've told her earlier if (Y/N) wasn't feel good enough to entertain visitors, but they didn't. Angela didn't tell John that she knew he was lying. She decided to play his game.

"Maybe seeing Catherine and Thomas could help her feel better. She just might be homesick."

"Maybe," John agreed. "Maybe it's better if its just Thomas and Catherine who'll visit."