Chapter 27 - At Least I Have You

Previously:
- John met up with the First Author
- He doesn't know what to do anymore and feels troubled
- The First Author offers their help

Chapter 27 - At Least I Have You

September 19, 2014
The Realm of Stories (Reality)
7:48pm

The city was bustling with lights and activity that night. The venue for the premiere was crowded with a lot of people. There were famous people left and right as well as fans and the press. Thomas was walking on the red carpet and was taking a couple of pictures with some of his co-stars.

Pose!

Flash!

Pose!

Flash!

Smile!

Flash!

Despite the long day he had, Thomas still felt restless. He thought maybe it was adrenaline because of the excitement of the premiere. Multiple times that night, Thomas turned his head back as if there was someone calling for him.

There was someone calling for him, but it wasn't the person he was looking for. They were mostly his fans or people from the press who wanted to take a picture or ask questions. He tried to keep his head in the premiere. He told himself that he should be happy or at least excited because the reason for this premiere was that their hard work was payed off. The movie is done and people are excited to see it. But no matter what he did, he still couldn't help but feel like something's missing.

Thomas was so lost in his thoughts that he almost bumped into this woman. She swerved away from him just in time. She was a young woman with dark hair and malicious eyes. She was wearing a golden gown that hugged her figure perfectly. She was gorgeous. But Thomas still couldn't be bothered.

"I'm sorry," Thomas said, scolding himself for being so out of it tonight.

"It's alright young man," she said. "Don't worry, you'll find who you're looking for."

The woman dispersed into the crowd before Thomas could ask her anything. He found her choice of words funny. Young man? She seemed to be his age or even younger. His eyes scoured for her but he could no longer find her.

Thomas sighed. More uncertainty.

He was about to take another step, maybe look for his co-stars. But he stopped when he heard someone call his name.

"Thomas!"

That voice rang as clear as a bell. He turned around and searched for the owner of the voice. It was so familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Thomas!"

He scoured the crowd with his eyes.

"Thomas!"

The voice felt like it was getting closer. He still didn't know who he was looking for. His heart was hammering in his chest. He could feel their name on the tip of his tongue.

There was a milky figure in his brain. A figure was slowly forming. The face was taking forever to recall.

"Thomas!"