Chapter 10 - Twilight Moments With You

A/N: If you forgot, (A/N) is now Angela.

Previously:
- In the Rosewood Institute, (Y/N) made a friend and her name is Anya
- She contemplates if she should still escape or stay
- She also wonders if Newt is already in the same realm as her
- John came to the motel
- He didn't know that he already met Newt and that he was close to the people he was trying to find

Chapter 10 - Twilight Moments With You

10:00pm

Catherine was asleep, but Angela couldn't bring herself to shut her eyes. The events of the day still couldn't sit with her. It still sounds crazy. She wondered how could Catherine sleep well. Both she and Thomas explained the same things that James told them. How could she accept things so easily? How could she sleep so soundly?

Angela couldn't take it anymore. She needed to take a walk. She needed some air. Wearing her shoes and taking her jacket, she left a note for Catherine in case she wake up without her there. Then she quietly left the room and went to the porch. (Much to the disappointment of the receptionist who was about to go there too.)

To Angela's surprise, she wasn't alone. Thomas was out there sitting on a bench, an unlit cigarette in his hands. Meaning that the mist coming out of Thomas's mouth wasn't because he was smoking. He was staring at the stars and didn't notice that it was Angela who came out.

Angela took her seat right beside Thomas. That was when he realized it was her. They didn't talk for a moment but just enjoyed each other's company. She curled up against his body and he wrapped his arm around her. She liked how they were both acting. Thomas did too. It was as if everything was normal. It's just been one day and she already missed normal.

It feels like they were just on another family vacation for a moment. The reason why Thomas and Angela became friends in the first place was because of their families. They also went to the same school which is where they first met. They used to be really close, but work has separated them. Still, when they reunite, it was as if time never passed.

"You know," Thomas said after a while, "Newt thought we were married. I had to tell him that we were just best friends."

Angela laughed. "You shouldn't have told him we weren't so that we could continue messing with him."

"For how long though? How long do you think he'll stay here?"

Angela shrugged. "For the rest of his life?" But he died so then...maybe...what? Angela shook her head. "I don't want to think about it yet. My head hurts when I do."

"I should've driven if you weren't feeling well."

"No, I was fine earlier. It just hurts when I think about this."

Thomas takes out the cigarette stick and was about to light it up, until Angela swiped it. "Don't want Catherine or Newt to smell that."

Thomas didn't really care if Newt did, but he did care if Catherine did. Catherine knew that Thomas would smoke but he's been scolded about it for some time because he'd smoke too much. Angela was part of the team that would try to keep a close eye on Thomas.

"Does it help?" Angela found herself asking. She may have had a habit of drinking but she never tried smoking. Quite the opposite with Thomas.