Chapter 7 - Tell Me What We're Fighting For

Previously:
- (Y/N) had her first session and sees that there is something wrong with her
- Angela, Thomas, and Newt agreed to go to the Rosewood Institute to stop (Y/N) from leaving
- They decided to bring Catherine in with them
- James stayed behind

Chapter 7 - Tell Me What We're Fighting For

2:46 pm

While Catherine, Thomas, Newt, and Angela were on their way to the Rosewood Institute, there was someone who just came back from there. John just got out of his car not ready to see James right in front of the mansion.

"Get out."

"Where do you think we are?" James said.

"I don't need anything from you. I just want to rest."

"Too bad cause I've got some news for you."

John sighed. "What?"

"For one, Newt's here."

John looked at him incredulously. "Newt? That boy... How?"

"You never read my book?"

"Didn't have to. (Y/N) cried for days when she finished the series."

"So you know how it he comes here. As I was saying, he's here and he's going to visit (Y/N)."

"What!"

James took a step back. "Calm down."

"Calm down? For years I've tried to protect (Y/N) from all this foolishness! Make her forget and have a normal life-"

"John you know her life was never normal."

"But you came and ruined everything!"

"Hey-"

"You came and showed W.I.C.K.E.D. how to get here! You ruined her life! You keep on ruining all the hard work I've been doing for this family!"

John rushed back in his car, getting ready to leave.

"Hey wait wait John," James went to the car door, "this is good."

"How?"

"(Y/N) plans to escape to save Newt. Seeing him will get her to stay."

"And whose fault is that?" The silence was answer enough.

"Why must you think it's my fault? I'm just trying to fix everything."

John scoffed. "Yeah right. I can't let Newt and (Y/N) meet."

Just like that, John's plans of having a nice and quiet day was gone. He sped off back to the Rosewood Institute, ignoring his aching back and hands. He remembered as he held (Y/N)'s parents in his arms. Both slowly losing the life and light in their eyes. They made him promise to keep her safe and never let her go back into the old world they tried so hard to escape. They wanted her to have a normal life.

He made a promise to (Y/N)'s parents and he intended to keep it.

-

James stood there, staring as the car got lost in his view. Believe it or not, he was just trying to fix everything. If in John's view, he's the villain, in James' view, John is the villain too.

Being the author of The Maze Runner realm, he had some sort of responsibility to it. He couldn't have the people of the realm go to other worlds that they liked, but it couldn't be avoided. There were other realms of course that had characters going through different realms. Some authors turn a blind eye because sometimes their realm wasn't really a nice environment to live into and they wanted to be free. An example of that was John and (Y/N)'s family.

James had had discussions with other authors. Some say that they let the characters roam to other realms. Some say that they don't let them do so and do everything they could to prevent it. James turned a blind eye like the others because despite calling them characters, they're actually real people too. But despite the realm hopping that has been going on for years, nothing bad has really happened so not many were really troubled about it.

Well...something bad has happened, but not anything drastic or big. It depends on how you look at it.

According to the histories that James has learned, the things that happen was that the characters would lose their minds. Something like what (Y/N) is going through. Realm hopping is dangerous but it was also fun and had a promise of adventure. Authors love adventures of course which is why they let the characters roam free.

But realm hopping could get you lost in a realm forever. It could also drive a person mad because of the knowledge of infinite realms. There was also another problem where a child from another realm goes to another and forgets their other life. Then if they remember it, their brains couldn't comprehend it and they lose their minds.

This madness could kill them, but that was the price of knowledge.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade