Chapter 2 - Hazy and Spun Out

Previously:
- (Y/N) was taken to the Rosewood Institute
- "Newt is coming."
- "Find (G/N)."

Chapter 2 - Hazy and Spun Out

June 20, 2014
7:36pm

"And cut!" Wes' voice boomed throughout the set. "That's a final wrap. Thank you so much."

Today was the last day of shooting The Maze Runner. Thomas and the other actors were relieved when Wes finally said that they could go home, but they also felt sad that the months of shooting for the film was done. When they were finished, many of the cast and crew wanted to go out and party for a little bit. Maybe have a couple of drinks and enjoy themselves.

Thomas was with them but he wasn't drinking, only smoking with his cigarette. He needed to watch over his best friend, Angela. Make sure that there was someone sober who could take her home safely. Angela had a couple of drinks but they weren't that strong. She was drinking and laughing with her friends from both the cast and crew. Recalling the good and bad times they had in the set.

Despite the distractions within her, Angela saw Thomas pulling out another cigarette stick. She took it from his hand.

"Hey!"

"Thomas, remember our deal saying that you'll have only one stick a day?"

"Remember when we talked that you'll only have one shot because you're a lightweight," he shot back.

"I didn't have a shot yet. They were only a couple of beers. Anyways," she took his hand and pulled them away from the noise of the people, "what's wrong?"

"I'm worried about Catherine."

"What about?"

"Today's the day (Y/N)'s going to the asylum and Catherine wanted to come. I'm just wondering how she's doing, it's getting late."

"The asylum is like five hours away right? She'll have to stay overnight in a nearby hotel."

"She's a minor."

"Doesn't she have anyone with her?"

"John."

It took a moment before Angela realized who he was. She only met the man once when she gave The Maze Runner script to Thomas all those months ago. "Right him. Well, he doesn't seem sketchy, I guess."

Thomas shrugged. "I want to ask how she's doing and (Y/N) but my phone's dead."

Angela took out her phone from her pocket. "You could've just asked. Here."

Thomas places the phone on his ears and waited for someone to pick up on the other side.

"Thomas!" Catherine's voice was panicked and shaky. "I've been calling you for hours!"

"What's wrong?" Thomas grew scared.

"Mom and dad didn't let me go earlier when they heard that it was just me and John. I convinced them that I won't do anything bad but they still didn't let me!"