Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger

Previously:
- John is staying at the same motel as Thomas, Angela, Newt, and Catherine
- But neither of them know about it
- Thomas and Angela had a moment that could imply that there's some romance
- Although if it's mutual or one-sided, it's pretty unclear
- When Thomas and Angela were going back to their rooms, they saw Newt tossing and writhing on the ground
- The price of knowledge is madness and madness could lead to death

Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger

10:38 pm

Angela and Thomas rushed inside Thomas's room and into Newt's writhing body. Neither knew what to do. Neither knew what was happening. They tried to wake him up to no avail.

There were two people who's within distance who's seen this. They're Catherine and John. John was asleep just on the other room. He was deathly tired of all the traveling he's done and was completely deaf to the commotion happening next door. But Catherine heard the fall from the other room and woke up.

There were two people who seen this, but only one knew how to deal with it. Catherine saw the note but didn't bother to read it. She opened the door and saw Thomas's door slightly open. The thud came from his room. She went to it and saw Newt on the floor. Both Thomas and Angela had no idea what to do.

Catherine pushed the two of them away from Newt and held him in her arms.

"Angela, my phone." Angela left the room to get her phone.

Catherine has seen this so many times with (Y/N). The times that (Y/N) would be suffering with nightmares. Before she was just like Thomas and Angela, completely helpless because they didn't know what to do. At first, she would watch her best friend as she'd toss and writhe. She'd try to comfort her and fail to do so.

But she learned from her mistakes. In a matter of time, she knew what to do. Basically, what (Y/N) was suffering from were nightmares. The same with Newt. But their nightmares are different and now she understood why.

She held Newt in her arms and held him tightly. She did the same with (Y/N). Showing that they're not alone and that there's someone holding them in their arms. Someone comforting them.

She remembered the story that (Y/N) told her the first time she got it right. The first time she was able to comfort (Y/N).

"I suffered from nightmares when I was in the Glade, but there was someone there to comfort me," she said as she curled up in Catherine's arms. "He held me tightly to show me that he's there, so what you did was right."

"So just holding you works?"

"Yeah. But he also suffered from nightmares."

"What did you do?"

"I sang him a song. My favorite song."

Catherine put the pieces together when she saw Newt suffering from what (Y/N) used to go through. When Angela gave her her phone, she played the song in her phone. She held the poor boy in her arms while the song played. She felt him lose the tension in his body in her arms.

While she waited for the boy to completely calm down, she started to wonder about (Y/N). It was her second night in the Rosewood Institute. Was there someone there holding her when she had her nightmares?