Chapter 79 - I love you too

Start from the beginning

"Byun Baekhyun."

He only blinked, then did it one more time as he stared at me in surprise. "A-Alright then. I'll say it."

"Fire away," I told him, deciding to face the other way again just on case it'll make it easier for him to speak about it that way.

"...I... I just thought that I want to visit your parents."

.....

Did I just hear him right?

I turned to him with questioning eyes, and he did look surprised.

Did he really say that he wants to visit my parents?

"Uh..." he continued to mutter.

I suddenly felt all this warmth in my chest.

It made me happy. The fact that he actually want to visit my parents made me really happy.

It never even come to my mind that he would ever suggest this. I thought that I would be the one to initiate.

I smiled - scratch that, I grinned. "Thank you. Baekhyun."

"Huh?"

I chuckled at his reaction, "Why didn't you say so beforehand?"

Baekhyun turns away, scratching his nape before finally giving an answer, "Well... It's just that---" he stops midway though as he turned to me.

He suddenly looked worried and surprised as he asked, "W-Why are you crying?"

My eyes widened at his question and I reached out to touch the tears that fell. I didn't even notice.

I laughed it off as I wiped them away. "I'm fine, Baekhyun. Perfectly fine?"

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, smiling at him reassuringly. "Well then, when do you plan to head there?"

I never thought Baekhyun would just suddenly drag me off the couch and grab his car keys. He did not even waste any time to prepare, but made sure to turn of the TV of course. We wouldn't want a burning apartment.

In just maybe two or three minutes, we were in his car and he was asking me directions to the cemetery they were buried in.

"Oh wait," he suddenly hissed, but not coming to a halt. "Do I look good?"

I chuckled, "Yes, Baekhyun. You always look presentable, even in your loose shirt and baggy short."

"You don't have to emphasize that. I could have worn a suit at least," he groaned. I could literally see him facepalming if only his hands weren't on the wheel.

"A suit?"

"I am meeting your parents."

"Mom and dad won't mind how you'd look, Baekhyun," I reassured him. "And like I said, you still look great."

We continued on our way. Baekhyun stopped by at a flower shop and went to quickly buy two bouquets, then proceeded to the cemetery.

Upon arriving, Baekhyun and I grabbed our coats since it was really, really cold. Our thin clothes would probably get us sick.

I led him through the cemetery - to where my parents graves were.

"Hey, mom... Hi, dad," I greeted upon arriving, crouching down to brush off the fallen leaves that covered their carved names. "I'm back again... And I brought Baekhyun along with me. Since you guys are probably watching over me all the time, you'd know that this guy with me is my wonderful boyfriend."