Chapter 40 - Your Own Trainer

Jihyun's POV

It was a silent ride back home. Even though it was only Heeji and I in the car, we were dreadfully silent.

I just had a hand clutched onto my arm as I leaned and looked out of the car window.

I can sometimes hear Heeji sigh but I did not bother to look at her. My mind is either blank or too occupied.

The silence made the ride feel so long.

Finally, we arrived at the underground garage through our secret passageway. I got out of the car at the same time with Heeji and the two of us headed to the living room.

Sehun was brought in his room with the private doctor they brought along. Lay and Luhan decided to come along too.

Now, the rest of us eleven were setting the living room, glancing at each other.

And whenever I would look at Chanyeol, it felt like his own gaze could melt me or could kill. I have to test my gaze away immediately.

"So we're just going to sit here in silence?" Chanyeol spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I wanted to thank him for doing so but at the same time I wanted to question why it should be him to break the silence. "Aren't we going to talk about how Jihyun disobeyed me??"

I sent a glare at him and fought his own.

So it is just me now? This man really knows how to get the flames of my anger working.

"It wasn't only her, Chanyeol," Heeji spoke out gently. "And I was the one who suggested the idea of training. I'm sorry."

Chanyeol's gaze at her was soft but when he turned to me, the fire in his eyes burned brighter. "How about you? Aren't you going to apologize??"

"For what? Disobeying you??" I asked back. "We cannot just follow around your orders, Chanyeol. We can also do what we think is right for us."

"Well you could have told me about it."

I glowered at him. "I already told you, Chanyeol, and you disagreed!" I cried.

"Yes I did because it was just the right thing to do, I was trying keep you all safe!" he shouted back.

I scoffed. "What? Do you think the training we did was not to keep us safe??"

"You were exposing yourself to the enemies!"

"We are completely safe, Chanyeol, calm down!" I hissed.

"You call that safe? They were there, Jihyun! They know where the two of you are!" his veins were almost popping out as he shouted. "The only thing that kept you safe is the walls of that training place! But what if they get past it?? I cannot let you off training when it is too risky, why can't you understand that?!"

"Guys, calm down!" Even Suho bursted. "How would we settle this if you keep on shouting??" he gave the two of us a frown.

"She was the one who started it!" Chanyeol pointed out.

"Well if you could have just understood our reason why we trained and hid it from you then we wouldn't have been fighting right now!" I retorted.

"If you did not disobey me first---"

"We were doing it for our own good," I cut him off.

"I disallowed you for your own good!"

"Enough!!" Baekhyun went in between. "Please, enough!"

Chanyeol stood up from his seat and I did the same subconsciously. He started walking towards me and pushed Baekhyun out of the way.

I did not budge and just glared at him.