Chapter 64 - Promises

Jihyun's POV

My eyes fluttered open slowly as morning dawned to me. The sun was up and rays were entering our bedroom.

I yawned silently and just stayed like that until I was completely free from sleepiness.

The beds in front of me at the moment were already empty. I turned again and saw that all the beds were already empty.

But Baekhyun was still sleeping soundly beside me.

I glanced at the clock, reading the time. It was already 8:36 in the morning.

I turned back to Baekhyun's sleeping figure and smiled.

I remembered his look last night as he said the 'good news' to our friends. Gosh, were I ashamed of it. I could tell that I went really red last night.

They were really loud about it too which I cannot help but sigh about.

But the person I really wanted to know the reaction of, was Chanyeol. And unlike the others, he was more quiet. He was like cheering or something, but he still had a smile on his face and teased the two of us. Not as much as the others did.

Maybe it's just not his cup of tea. I do recall the time he did say that he is still weirded out by it.

Maybe that's why...

I sighed and gently brushed my fingers along Baekhyun's hair.

I just hope my plan would work. I don't know why but I don't feel too confident about it, maybe because it is just too sudden.

But now that I am his girlfriend, falling in love wouldn't be as hard as before, right?

My movements stopped when Baekhyun's eyes gently flew open as well.

"Oh... Uh..." I uttered silently, making his slightly puffy eyes dart to me. "Did I wake you?" I asked him silently.

"Well, sort of..." he answers, immediately greeting me with a smile. "But I like that way of waking up though... Do continue."

"Alright," I chuckled silently and continued to brush my fingers through his hair. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he yawned. "I.. I still cannot properly sink it in my mind... You're actually my girlfriend."

"Well, you definitely have to get it done because it isn't gonna change, you know," I replied.

"You're so smug early in the morning..." he pouted. "I expect you to be sweeter."

"I am literally brushing your hair at the moment. Am I not passing your expectations of a girlfriend??"

"Hey... I am just kidding," he says, sitting up and looking at me seriously. "I didn't mean to offend you or something---"

I shook my head and waved my hand gently in front of his face. "I am not offended. I was also just joking," I said and he sighed.

"That's good."

I smiled and held his hand gently. Somehow, the label we had gave me a bit of courage to do things I never actually done before with him. Especially initiating things like this.

"Don't you think we should go have breakfast now?" I askes and Baekhyun shook his head playfully.

"Nope. Let's stay like this," he says pulling my into his arms and laying both of us down in bed. "Let's just stay like this forever."

"That will be sweet and cute. But what if we get hungry?"

"...Then let's just stay like this for a few more minutes..."