Chapter 53 - Cancelled

Jihyun's POV

It was the middle of the night and I still can't sleep. I sighed and turned onto the other side of the bed where Baekhyun's supposed to be sleeping, but he isn't there.

I sighed once again and decided to hop out of bed. Quietly, I made my way out of the room as everyone else is already in deep slumber.

Television sounds were the first thing I heard after gently shutting the door behind me.

I walked up to the living room couch where Baekhyun is sitting on. Sighing I walked up to him and sat right beside him, uttering not a single word.

Pouting slightly I turned to him and asked, "Are you still mad?"

After seconds, which felt like a long moment of silence, I heard a small sigh, "I told you, Jihyun. I am not mad."

I turned to Baekhyun and he was pouting too. "Then why are you being like this??"

"Because I am not happy... I am.. Upset."

I frowned. "Aren't those two the same things??"

"No."

I sighed, "Look, I am sorry if what happened made you jealous. But trust me, Baek, Chanyeol just did it for the act."

"But he did not even ask for my consent!"

I turned back to him with one brow raised.

"Okay, fine. I do not have the rights to prevent you or anyone else from things like that but can you help if it makes me feel this way?" he asks. "It's just that for me, what he did was a d*ck move."

I gasped, "Watch that mouth, Mr. Byun."

"But it's true!"

"Look," I called out. "Chanyeol apologized, okay? Like what he said, he thought that it would eventually add a bit more flavor. Plus, it was beside my lips not on my lips. He probably did that for the grade, because if it resulted to nothing good then he probably would rather leave the scenario as it is."

"Jihyun, you don't have to explain things---"

"Oh, but I do," I cut him off. "It's the middle of the night and you still aren't sleeping because of it."

"It's not because of it, Jihyun. I am watching something," he points out.

I turned once again to the television to see what he was watching. It was a foreign one but I managed to pick up a few words.

"And don't even bother telling me that I do not understand the language because there are subtitles," he says.

"What are you even watching??" I asked.

"Stranger Things."

"Stranger Things?" I repeated, brows furrowing.

"Yeah." he nods. "It's a good show actually."

"Well, good or not you should be in bed," I stated.

"And you shouldn't?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed exasperatedly. "We should be in bed," I corrected.

"Alright. On one condition," he says.

"What?"

"Kiss me first."

My eyes went wide as my cheeks flushed.  I immediately stuttered out a, "W-What the----?! Baek, a-are you even serious right now??"

The latter laughed while I tried to cover up the fact that I am blushing. "I was just messing with you, Jihyun! Gosh, you are so cute!"