Chapter 44 - Friendly Date

Jihyun's POV

"Come on, guys. We just came from our short vacation and you're going training?" Heeji tells the boys when they are just about to leave the hideout.

"Heeji, the other gang never rests. We shouldn't too, alright?" Chanyeol tells her. "Stay safe, both of you."

"Jihyun." my head turned to Baekhyun asked he called me. "Always keep me updated with you two, alright? So that we'll know what's going on while we're gone."

I nodded. "I will."

He holds my hand and squeezed it with small smile. I blushed as I smiled back and he let's go and follows after the rest of the boys.

"They seriously need to chill," Heeji says. "Teachers might report this to Mr. Park. The latter would kill Chanyeol if he finds out."

I nodded. "If he finds out. Let's just hope he doesn't."

"Let's go to school now?"

"Yeah."

---------

"Some must be wondering why I have summoned you all here," Mr. Park spoke through the microphone.

We are currently in the assembly hall. Last class before afternoon was cancelled for Mr. Park has an important announcement to make which I might already know because I heard Jungyoo talking about this.

"On Thursday next week, October 31, we would be having our school's 20th Foundation Day  which would be a Halloween themed party."

Knew it.

"We would start the preparations next week Monday yet you can start today, you could start preparing tomorrow. I would be handing out formats of the whole party to each Club secretaries later on for each club to discuss.  I am giving permission to all club members to not attend classes tomorrow for the preparation but I would be needing the attendance in every class and those who helped in the preparation," Mr. Park says and goes on with more announcements.

"Would it be your first time to attend this school's Foundation day?" Heeji asks in a whisper and I nodded as a response. "Same with me."

"You just transferred, Heeji. Of course it would be," I laughed and she hit me slightly.

Soon later, the announcement ends and everyone floods out the huge hall. Heeji went first since she got called by their club's secretary yet I decided to stay for a moment until there is more path later on.

I flinched when I felt someone just grab my arm. I turned to my right and sighed in relief when it was just Joshua.

"Hong, you scared me," I hissed and he grinned apologetically.

"Sorry," he replies. "I was wondering if I can take you out on a date later on?"

My brows jumped high.

He wants to take me out on a date??

"Uh..." I uttered, unsure about what to say. I bet Baekhyun wouldn't want this and I also see Joshua no'other than a close friend of mine, a brother. "You can, Josh..."

His smile widened. "Really? Thank you, Jihyun---"

"But you may not," I quickly cut him off.

He frowned and blinked at me. "What? What do you mean?"

I sighed, "I am saying no. I hope you don't get me wrong but I really just see you as my friend and---"

"No, no, no.. That's not what I meant," he laughs with a slight wave of his hand. "A friendly date - another type of date. Let's just call it hanging out, shall we? Date is a bit too formal."