Chapter 12: Celebration

When you arrived to the city, Morgana poked his head out of your bag.

Morgana: Alright, step one of our celebration is to sell that medal. But where are we going to find someone stupid enough to buy this?

Y/n: From what I met in my first visit to the city with SMG4, these people aren't that smart.

With a mission set, you go around the city and ask people if they wanted to buy the medal, or if they know anyone who would be interested. Soon, you were told to look out for a fat man wearing yellow and purple, and a tall skinny man wearing purple and black.

After digging around some more, especially in the back alleys, you learned their names were Wario and Waluigi. Two of Mushroom City's most notorious hustlers.

Morgana: Are you sure you wanna look for these guys? They sound kind of iffy.

Y/n: You're right. Hmm... maybe SMG4 has some information about them.

You pull out your phone and call up SMG4. After telling him about Wario and Waluigi, he told you that they were just as stupid, if not even more stupid than Mario. He then gave you where they usually hang out.

You thank him and hang up, then head towards the bad part of town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you walk down the littered streets, trash everywhere, cars haphazardly parked, and people looking out from the cracks of buildings and around corners.

Morgana: Umm... Y/n, I don't think this is a good idea anymore.

Y/n: We'll be fine Morgana, trust me.

Morgana: Well... I... *sigh* alright. I trust you.

You nod at Morgana and continue on towards the nearby bridge. Looking under the bridge, you see the two men who were described. The tall one noticed your presence and looked up at you.

Tall Man: Who are you, kid?

Y/n: My name is Y/n. I'm looking for two guys named Waluigi and Wario. And judging by the descriptions I was given, it appears I've found you.

They look at each other and back at you.

Fat Man: And just why are you looking us, Wario!

Tall Man: And Waluigi!

Y/n: Um... okay. I was looking for you because I was told that you might like to buy this.

You pull out the medal and hold it out. The two men stare in awe at the gold until Waluigi gets concerned.

Waluigi: And how do we know it isn't fake?

Morgana: Crap!

Wario: Did you hear that?

Waluigi: It was a cat bro, calm down.

He then looked back at you.

Y/n: Do you know the Olympic gold medalist Suguru Kamoshida?

They nod.

Y/n: Well let's say that we were... acquainted, and as it turns out, he sexually harassing the females of the team he was training. Disgraced by his actions, he gave me his gold medal and that I could do anything I want with it.

Wario: So you're selling it?

Y/n: Guy's gotta get bread on the table.

They nod, understanding.

Wario: Fine, two thousand.

Y/n: Four thousand.

Waluigi: That's double the money!