Chapter 31: Tari's Rage/An Unexpected Awakening

Meggy POV

My eyes slowly open as my usual wake up time comes around. The perks of having a set schedule with training means that I can wake up early. The cons, well sometimes I just want to go back to sleep.

Picking up my phone, I turn it on away from me first then flip it to see the time. 5:00 in the morning, yep, my usual time. My eyes then go to my background, which was Y/n and I on our third date.

I then turn to see him still sleeping. Though, my smile dropped when I saw his face twist in pain.

Meggy: Y/n? Hey, wake up.

I shake him a little, but nothing. He begins to grunt and move around and muttering something. I shake him harder.

Meggy: Come on Y/n, you need to wake up.

Suddenly, his eyes open up and they look around the room, eventually falling onto me.

Y/n: Meggy...

He wraps his arms around me and holds me close. I could feel him shaking. For the first time since he had awoken to his Persona, he showed his fear. I reciprocate the embrace.

Meggy: Nightmare?

Y/n: No, that's the thing that has me scared. It all felt so... real.

Meggy: Maybe talking about it will help you?

He nods and we move so we are sitting on the edge of the bed.

Y/n: One thing that raised a few red flags was that I was somewhere else. Not here in the Kingdom or back home and yet, it felt familiar. The next one was that I was on a battlefield, but I was alone. There was another person, a huge axe held in both of his hands. Behind him were three people dressed in black and purple cloaks. Then, me and the guy with the axe began fighting each other. A moment later, I suddenly couldn't move and was pushed to the ground.

He put a hand up to his chest.

Y/n: My enemy brought his axe down and i could feel the blade go into my chest. I can still feel the it. After that, the world went white, and then I woke up.

I take his hand in mine and stand up.

Meggy: Well, it's going to be a while before the others get up. Let's go get your mind off this weird dream with some TV and coffee.

He looks up to me and smiles before nodding. He stands up with me as we head downstairs. As he goes to make the coffee, I go and turn on the TV. I just hope that he is able to forget that weird dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal POV

As the show you and Meggy were watching ended, you heard many pairs of footsteps come down the stairs. You turn your head to see your group as well as Tari, Belle and Joku.

SMG4: So, we starting where we left off?

Y/n: Not quite. Instead, we are heading right to the Palace.

Axol: Wait, but don't we need the other words?

Y/n: Already found them. Now, I need Joku, Tari, Belle and you Meggy to come with us.

Meggy immediately agreed while the others looked hesitant. After you assure that they will be safe with you and the others, they agree and you pull out your phone.

Meggy: Wait, I thought you were going to explain what happened.

Y/n: I think seeing it is better than me explaining it.

With a press of the button, everyone felt the effects of the Metaverse as the world changed. Just like last night, you found yourself in the middle of the city.