Chapter 34: Fall of Greed

(Alright, let's see... it couldn't have taken THAT long, right?

Last updated: January 8th.

A

lmost a whole fucking month...

I've been caught slacking... enjoy...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the encounter with the cloaked man, you immediately run outside to check on Bowser. Once there, you see Mario and Meggy struggling to bring Bowser inside. His shell was cracked and there were cuts all over him.

Y/n: (Looks like he did more than throw him out of the castle.)

You run over and help the two carry him.

Y/n: (A little help, Arsène?)

'Of course.'

You feel Arsène's power flow through your arms, making Bowser a little bit easier to carry.

Y/n: You alright Bowser?

He groans but manages to look back up at you.

Bowser: A little banged up, but I've been through worse. I just need to rest.

You carry him up to his room and lay him down. Turning back around, you see Mario crawling out of the room and Meggy sitting against the wall, trying to catch her breath.

Y/n: You alright?

Meggy: Carrying Bowser... isn't exactly... an easy thing to do. How are you not out of breath?

Y/n: Arsène gave me a boost in my physical strength.

She lifts her head up and looks at you.

Meggy: Screw you and your powers.

Knowing she was just joking, you chuckle, followed soon by Meggy. You then walk over and pick her up, causing her to let out a small squeak and blush.

Meggy: What are you doing?

Y/n: Carrying you, duh.

She looks down to hide her blush, but she she still smiles as she rests her head against your chest. Once you get to your room, you set Meggy down on the bed and was about to turn away, but she grabs your wrist and pulls you toward her. The sudden shift in weight and your leg hitting the bed caused you to fall forwards. Throwing your hands out, they are placed beside her head.

Meggy: You know, you left this morning without giving me a kiss.

She pulls you down and brings you in for a kiss. Surprised at first, you quickly melt into the kiss. The two of you stay there for a moment before pulling away.

Meggy: That's much better. Go do what you were going to do, I'm gonna get some sleep.

Y/n: Alright, I just need to take a shower and let the others now to get ready for tomorrow.