Chapter 38: LeBlanc

As the last of the luggage was put on the bus, SMG4 looked back from the driver's seat. From his point of view, the Phantom Thieves, Mario and Boopkins were situated in their seats. The only ones not here at the moment were Bowser, as he had to take care of Bowser Jr. And Bob as he got in trouble with the police. Again.

SMG4: So does everyone have everything? We have a long drive ahead of us, so I will not turn around.

Everyone agrees that they have everything and SMG4 starts the bus. As you leave the city, Akechi sits in the seat behind you and Meggy.

Akechi: So I heard about what happened and why you came all the way out here. How do you feel about going back.

Y/n: Going back home doesn't feel great. In fact I'd much rather step foot in Yongen-Jaya again. But seeing Sojiro and Futaba again will make it all worth it.

Meggy: He must have been a great guy, huh?

Y/n: He was more of a father to me than my actual dad. He offered me the attic of LeBlanc as a room in case I ever needed to escape from home or when I wanted to help prepare for the next morning.

Meggy: It's a shame he had to fire you.

Y/n: I mean it's not like he had a choice. People didn't want to go somewhere where a criminal worked at. And it wasn't as if he flat out three me away. He would slide some money my way until I found another job.

Akechi: Well that was nice of him. Oh Meggy, Desti, do the two of you speak or read Japanese?

The two look at each other and shake their heads.
(Quick heads up, Saiko speaks in English, unlike in the SMG4 videos. However, she does know how to speak and read Japanese.)

Y/n: That might be a bit of a problem.

Akechi: The small town was named Yongen-Jaya. A reference to Japan's Sangan-Jaya. As such, Japanese culture is pretty common there.

Meggy: So the ones with a clear advantage are the two of you and Saiko.

Y/n: It'll be fine. After all, we probably won't go anywhere else except for LeBlanc and a nearby hotel. And as you've seen, Sojrio and Futaba speak English perfectly fine.

Desti: Well, you three better help us when we need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was around three in the afternoon by the time the you reached your destination. The sight of Mushroom City off in the distance was breathtaking.

Sakura: Wow, imagine how this place would look at night.

Joku: Yeah, I'm sure it gets really pretty doesn't it?

Y/n: Yeah, it does.

As everyone was walking down the street, you very quickly feel the stares directed your way. Seeing you quickly shy away from everyone, Meggy, Devin and SMG4 quickly formed themselves around you to try and block their line of sight.

Devin: Though the scenery may be pretty, these people's attitudes probably aren't.

SMG4: They better not try anything.

Meggy: Come on, let's just get to LeBlanc.

The group speeds up their pace down the street and into an alleyway. Just a little ways  ahead was a sign that had 'LeBlanc' on it. Upon opening the door, a middle-aged man behind the counter turned to greet the new customers. However, when his eyes landed on you, his bored expression immediately lightened up and a smile formed on his face.