"Help! Help! Shark!" The man yelled, kicking and screaming.

Lexa and I went swimming towards him and we quickly saw that there was blood everywhere. I went under the water and saw the shark was pulling on his leg with his teeth, inflicting a lot of damage. I decided to kick the shark in the nose and it worked and he swam away while Lexa was helping the man get back to shore. Just when I thought we were safe though, I heard another shriek of pain, only this time it didn't come from the man. I turned around frantically praying to god it was just my imagination but what I heard was right. It was Lexa. Another shark had swam up to her and bit her too.

"Lexa!" I yelled, making my way to her as fast as I possibly could. She was crying out in pain and clutching her leg. The shark that had bit her was already gone and a few of the people who were on the beach were helping get the first guy out of the ocean.

Lexa called out in pain, and I watched as she struggled in front of me. I worked as hard as I could to get to her then grabbed her and took her back to the shore with me. When we got there I let her down in the sand and then I first checked to see where the other guy was and I saw he was being helped by Niylah as well as some of the other people who were on the beach. I then looked down at Lexa and I saw her bite. The shark got her pretty good in her left calf and there was already a pool of blood under her.

"Here use this." A guy said, bending down next to me and handing me a flannel. I thanked him and wrapped it around her leg tightly trying to ensure she didn't bleed out.

"Clarke?" Lexa asked, in the most broken and defeated voice I've ever heard her use.

"I'm right here Lexa." I assured her, as I moved to hover over her face so she could see me.

"Stay with me. Please."

"I'm right here." I repeated, grabbing on to her hand. I felt Lexa squeeze back but much weaker then she usually might have, then her eyes started to shut.

"Hey Lexa, I need you to stay awake ok? Can you do that for me?"

Lexa opened her eyes and looked into mine and I felt the whole rest of the world wash away. It was just us now. Blue and green crashing together and no one and nothing else mattered. I almost didn't hear the sounds of the 2 helicopters that were arriving. When I finally looked up and saw them, Niylah was now kneeled by my side.

"How's she doing?" Niylah asked, checking out Lexa's leg.

"She's going to be alright." I told her, not totally sure if I even believed it but I needed to make Lexa feel better.

"Ok. Clarke if you want, you can go with her. You both have the rest of the day off, congratulations." Niylah said, then stood up and ran towards where the helicopters were landing.

"She's always pleasant." Lexa joked, and I watched as she gave me a painful smile.

About a minute later there was a team of medical staff loading Lexa into the helicopter. I asked if I could go with and they said yes, making room for me inside next to Lexa. The chopper took off and we were at the hospital in 5 minutes. They rushed Lexa into an emergency room and had me wait outside as they tried to stitch her up and stop the bleeding. I paced around the hallway frantically, trying to distract myself from the sounds of Lexa screaming out in pain, and I was seconds away from bursting through the doors and telling the doctors to not touch her ever again when a pair of big arms pulled me into a hug.

"Clarke. I heard what happened." Lincoln mumbled, squeezing me tightly.

I relaxed into his arms and for the first time today started to cry.

"Hey it's ok Clarke." Lincoln tried to reassure me. "Lexa is strong, you know that."

"I know Lincoln." I said breaking away from the hug. "It just hurts me so much to hear and see her in pain. I don't know why but it kills me inside. I wish I could take all of the pain for her. What is wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you Clarke. Lexa is lucky to have someone like you."

"I just hope she's ok."

"Me too. How about we go sit down and wait until she's all stitched up."

"Ok." I agreed, following Lincoln towards two chairs that were next to the door. We sat there and waiting for another half an hour or so until Lexa's doctor came out of the room.

"Excuse me are you Lexa's family?" The doctor asked, and Lincoln stood up.

"Actually doc, can I talk to you in private?" Lincoln asked, and the doctor nodded.

"I'll be right back Clarke." Lincoln smiled, and walked off with the doctor but right before they walked into another room the doctor turned around.

"You can go in and see her if you want."

Before anyone could say anything, I had jumped up from my chair and ran in an all out spring to get to Lexa's room. I burst through the door and saw Lexa lying in a hospital bed, with her leg being held up with some kind of rope system.

"Hey Clarke." Lexa greeted me, giving me a small smile.

"Thank god." I sighed, and walked over to Lexa and gave her a hug. "I was really scared Lexa. I...I wasn't sure if... I-"

"It's ok Clarke. I'll be ok." Lexa assured me, breaking apart from the hug.

"Clarke, you look upset. Were you crying?" Lexa asked in a soft voice, moving a strand of my hair out of my face so she could see my eyes better. She tucked the strand behind my ear but she left her hand there, cupping my face.

I nodded my head, not having the strength to talk right now without my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry I worried you Clarke."

"Don't apologize Lexa, you were bitten by a shark it wasn't your fault."

"I know, I just hate you have to see me like this."

"Lexa I don't care ok? I just want you to be ok. What did they say about the bite?"

"Well it's pretty deep and they had to give me a bunch of stitches as well as some blood to make up for the the blood I lost. I can't do any big physical activities for a while and I can't go in the ocean either so I'm gonna have to quit the lifeguard job."

"What?"

"Yeah. It sucks."

"You can't quit the lifeguard job." I protested, taking a step away from her.

"Clarke I can't swim. Lifeguards have to swim."

"No Lexa, you can't quit. You can't."

"Clarke I'll still see you all the time. We can hang out over the weekends and we can have movie nights and stuff and once I get better we can go to Bellamy and Murphy's house for parties and stuff all of the time."

"But I won't get to see you every day."

"Well probably not but-"

"But you will have to go back to Australia soon anyways." I finished for her.

"What? Clarke please-"

"No. I'm sorry Lexa. I have never felt like this...I just I don't want to...I...it hurts. It hurts so bad. If I lose you now it will hurt less in the future. I...I'm sorry." I said, backing up towards the door.

"Clarke where are you going? Are you really leaving? Please don't Clarke."

"I'm sorry Lexa. It will hurt too much. I care too much. I can't. You can't. I'm not strong enough." And with that I had turned around and walked out the door, trying my hardest to ignore Lexa calling for me to come back. I couldn't come back though. I've never cared about anyone as much as I care about Lexa. I can't get hurt. I won't. I won't be strong enough. I care too much.

An: This was certainly eventful. Secrets will be revealed next part. (Lexa and Lincoln secrets) also I love the comments so much and thanks for reading and votes and stuff y'all are the best