Part 2, Chapter 23. Guardians of the Sky and Sea.

Start from the beginning

Lugia listens intently, as Kyla slowly approaches and begins opening her medpack.

Lugia fells Kyla's hand touch his skin and slowly looks at her. "What are you doing?"

Kyla smiles up at him. "Treating your wounds. It is the least I can do now that we are allies."

Lugia chuckles. "You are all so unnaturally comfortable with this sort of thing."

Chaz grunts, with a hint of a chuckle.

Lugia nods. "You are right, friend. She is one of a kind."

Chaz grunts a few more times, seemingly asking a question.

Lugia shakes his head. "I unfortunately can not do that. I am the guardian of the sea and Pokemon in this region. I could not bind myself to a trainer that would eventually leave this area."

Chaz shrugs.

Kyla finishes up and sprays Lugia with a Hyper Potion. "There you go."

Lugia looks at her again. "How have you come to know so much about treating Pokemon?"

"Well, I went to college, got a job in the Oblivia Region as a Poketech, and now I am head of Clinical Coordiantion for the Pokemon League." Kyla replies.

Lugia turns fully around to face her. "You are a member of the Pokemon League?"

Kyla nods.

Lugia sniffs the air again, his eyes narrowing on her belt. "That must be why Moltres chose you."

Kyla looks down at her belt, and back up with a surprised expression. "You can smell her through her Pokeball?"

Lugia nods. "Moltres and I used to have very long talks about world events. Her scent is very formiliar to me."

"Do legendary Pokemon often have such friendly relationships with each other?" Kyla asks.

Lugia shakes his head. "If Ho-Oh and I are any indication, it is very rare to get along with each other. We tend to be very protective of our territory."

Kyla chuckles. "Well, two of my friends also have Zapdos and Articuno."

Lugia again looks surprised. "Great trainers stick together, it would seem."

Kyla nods. "More than you know." Kyla's phone rings, and she answers it. "Is everything okay over there?"

"Well.. The good news is that I found Ho-Oh.. The bad news is he is very agitated. Could you spare Mega Gardevior?" David asks, over the phone. 

Kyla looks at Gardevior. "We will be right over." Kyla hangs up the phone. "David needs us, more so you to translate to Ho-Oh. Can you teleport all of us."

Gardevior looks at Lugia and Chaz. "I could do better with just you and Lugia."

Chaz looks unhappy, lightly kicking a rock away.

Kyla looks at him. "We are trying to settle this peacefully. However, if it becomes a battle, I will let you take point."

Chaz glances at her with a grunt.

"I promise." Kyla replies, recalling him. 

"He is a very eager Charizard, though he would be out matched." Lugia says.

Kyla puts her finger to her lips. "Don't tell him that, he would only be more eager to fight."

Lugia laughs. "What a strange collection of allies I have found!"

Gardevior touches both of them. "Here we go."

In a flash, they appear beside David and his Dragonite. Ho-Oh locks eyes with Lugia.