Chapter 65: In Your Arms...

Start from the beginning

It was filled to the brim with paintings, sculptures, musical instruments, paint, brushes...

If there was an item related to art one could think of, it was present in the densely packed hall. However, most were severely damaged to the point of no return.

To an artist, this was like arriving in paradise only to find some annoying animal had defecated all over the place.

For the first time, Kashi felt joy from killing. If he had not killed that mayor, he would probably have regretted it for a long, long time. Unfortunately, as much as he wanted to go through all the artwork present, he had a mission to do.

Hektor and Miote assisted Kashi in clearing out only the musical instruments, numerous as they were.

The daeben took out his blacksmith tools, then set to work on the damaged instruments. While he would have loved to rush the process, he knew too well the folly of a rushed work.

Night gave way to day, but he was not done until the sun was at its apex, scalding heat chipping ever so slightly from his stats and health.

Bang!

With a final swing of his hammer, Kashi finished the final instrument.

Kashi heaved a sigh of relief as he got to his feet and surveyed his work. Somehow, he had been able to restore every single one of the instruments. This included those that were supposed to be damaged beyond repair. Unfortunately, his reserve raw materials suffered a heavy blow. There wasn't much more he could craft, so Kashi decided to craft a new set of weapons.

From Lunette's information, Kashi knew there were two new additions to the party, and one was a swordsman. As he set to work crafting the new weapons, he was once again faced with the fact that he was incapable of crafting magical items like staffs, or charmed bracelets.

Sure, Rosalio's brush granted some bonus based on the element used. Still, even the brush was limited in the amount of power it could offer, and there were some stat bonuses even the brush was incapable of granting. From the enchantment books he had obtained in Rosendun, he understood the theory behind enchanting. In fact, just from reading, his enchantment skill was at Beginner level 7.

However, to date, Kashi had been unable to put the theory into practice.

Kashi shook his head. Best to focus on one thing at a time. Within half an hour, he was done crafting the new set of weapons. He placed them in his inventory, then looked to the instruments.

There were simply too many of them. There was no way he would be able to fit them all into his inventory. With that in mind, he took out most of the materials in his inventory, including his leatherworking and tailoring tools, and all materials he should not need for the next two days.

Even with the extra space, there was still no way he could fit all the materials into his inventory. How the hell was he supposed to transport the instru- Wait, he was asking the wrong question. How did they transport the materials here in the first place? He shook his head. His train of thought had been flawed from the beginning. He had been thinking in line with the terrain of the desert, where it was almost impossible to use wheels. The ground here, which resembled the wastelands from wild west movies, was far more wheel-friendly. This meant they most likely used a carriage, or something similar.

A proud mayor like that probably had some carriages around for his visits to town.

Kashi circled the compound, and sure enough, he found a carriage and even better, a caravan at the back. Six horses stood at the caravan's helm in series of two, heads bowed as they awaited their masters.