Chapter Twenty Seven

(A/N) Please be cautious when reading the ending if you are one who is easily upset/sensitive. (Nothing terribly explicit, just cautionary.)

Blaine

"Blaine," Sebastian greeted with a friendly smile. "Can I come in?"

As I stood in the doorway with my surprised gaze still fixed on him, it suddenly hit me that I hadn't said anything for about ten seconds. And then I remembered my appearance, complete with an old tee shirt and sweats as I awkwardly attempted to straighten up. Even my hair was fluffy, curly, and un-gelled. No one saw my hair un-gelled.

"Uh... sure," I finally said, stepping out of the way to let Sebastian into the house.

"Sorry this was kind of unexpected," he apologized, his hazel-grey eyes wandering around the front foyer before landing back on me. "I'm digging the hair though."

"Oh, thanks..." I mumbled, running a hand through my dark mess while desperately trying to flatten it to the best of my ability. "So, uh, what brings you here? All the way to Lima, I mean."

Sebastian shrugged. "Well, I was stopping for my usual cup at our favorite Lima Bean and thought, 'hey, why do I not see that familiar handsome face getting a coffee here?' and remembered you telling me how you were coming home today. If I was in the area, I might as well stop by to see how the guy's doing."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yet you still didn't bring anything back for me."

"Sorry again. But maybe I could make up for that a different way..." he smirked playfully. Suddenly I felt a strange connection as the we caught the other's glance. It was almost like a brief trance that we had shared upon first meeting at the coffee shop...

I cleared my throat abruptly, and the moment had vanished as we both looked opposite directions. I could feel my cheeks turning pink at the thought of anything else happening.

"So, how is the Boy Wonder?" asked Sebastian casually, changing the subject quickly but seamlessly. "Sounds like you had quite the time in NYC."

We both moved into the living room and each sat on the far sides of the couch. "Oh, um... Kurt and I aren't exactly on good terms right now..." I explained delicately.

"Really?" he said. For a brief moment, I could see a thoughtful look cross his face. Then he shrugged again. "What happened? I thought you said that you two really had something."

"Well, that sort of... never mind. I'm not getting into any of that right now," I replied with a sigh. I rubbed my eyes, knowing that the last thing I would do in front of Sebastian was cry, but holding back was still tough.

"Getting emotional, are we?" Sebastian asked.

I looked up, but instead of seeing a humorous, sarcastic expression on his charming face, I was surprised to see compassion in his eyes.

"I guess I'll just have to... get over it..." I mumbled as I forgot how to form sentences in that moment.

He reached over to cover my hand, which was placed with an arm slung across the back of the couch. "I'm sorry things aren't working out with him. But moving on is a good idea. How can anyone really go forward if they're stuck on looking back?"

"Yeah..." I nodded slowly. "I guess you're right. I know it is going to be hard letting go of Kurt, but who says I can't do it? He must be over me already by now. His life was already full before I stumbled into it."

"If the guy's got enough on his plate, maybe it's time to start piling on, if you know what I'm saying," Sebastian suggested.

"What do you mean?" I asked.