Chapter Nineteen

Kurt

"Honestly Dad, what's this all about?" I asked my father for the third time with more annoyance than curiousity by now. "If you wanted to talk, I could've just finished making the tea back at the loft..."

He sighed and adjusted his baseball cap on his bald head as we walked deeper into the famous New York park. "Y'know Kurt, you ask a lot a questions. I think it's about time you listened. But I'm not the one to listen to."

I looked around at all the gathering people, I began to wonder if I should just turn back and try to convince him to grab a hot dog with me or a tourist site instead. Even for someone living in New York, I didn't fancy crowds when I was in the midst of them, and the excellent weather must've lured nearly everyone in the city to Washington Square Park.

My eyebrows crinkled together in confusion as I watched the people around me begin to gather together, directly underneath the magnificent arch. I turned around to look back at Dad, but suddenly he appeared twenty feet away by one of the benches. Silently he nodded his head.

I started to hear music playing off from somewhere, until it grew loud enough to spread through the whole square. My hand flew to my mouth as I realized what was happening: a flash mob, right before my eyes.

The bystanders had transformed into dancers, as several of them began to move as the music continued to play. But Katy Perry's voice was strangely not the voice that was singing.

Summer after high school when we first met

We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead

And on my 18th Birthday

We got matching tattoos

My heart stopped the moment I realized that there could only be one person with that voice. Of all people in the world, he was standing there, as the dancers separated their wall to reveal him. Blaine sang each word passionately, with his eyes never disconnecting with mine. My Blaine was standing right there.

Used to steal your parents' liquor

And climb to the roof

Talk about our future

Like we had a clue

Never planned that one day

I'd be losing you

In another life

I would be your man

We'd keep all our promises

Be us against the world

In another life

I would make you stay

So I don't have to say

You were the one that got away

The one that got away!

I bit my lip, unable to steady my breathing as he stepped away from the arch and came forward. Before I knew it, he was standing in front of me without losing a beat.

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash

Never one without the other, we made a pact

Sometimes when I miss you

I put those records on, whoa

Someone said you had your tattoo removed