Chapter Twenty One

Kurt

I felt something soft against my cheek, as I blinked a few times at nearly the same moment that the sun had just finished rising. I inhaled deeply with my chest rising, and something stirred beside me.

Looking downward, I realized that there was a mess of wavy black hair that was brushing against my cheek as the person it belonged to was nestled up closely against my chest. A small smile spread across my lips when I noticed the long dark eyelashes from this point of view.

I carefully attempted to slither out from underneath his hold and slide out of bed, only to have his dark head of hair roll onto one of the pillows and make a quiet snort in response.

"Blaine," I whispered while climbing over next to him. Gently I took his arm and shoulder and shook him lightly. "Blaine, get up."

"Kurt?" he mumbled in confusion. As soon as one of his eyes opened and he saw me, he let out a sigh. "Kurt, how the hell do you get up this early."

"I can't let you sleep here any longer or the girls will find out," I whispered back, and paused suddenly to listen for any noises in the apartment. "Come on, if you make it to the couch, you can sleep 'til dinner for all I care."

"That almost sounds like a good idea..." Blaine said with both of his eyes now shut.

I shook my head. "Wait, I take that back. I have too much I want to do with you today for you to sleep that late."

"How about a few more minutes on that couch, then?" he asked hopefully.

"Fine... but hurry," I gave in.

Suddenly he had both arms outstretched towards me. "Will you carry me?"

I gave him a very sarcastic look, almost trying not to laugh. Yes, Blaine was noticably smaller than me and positively lighter, and yes, stage combat classes at NYADA had boosted my physique, but not that well. And after all, he wasn't the only one who had just woken up.

"No way!"

"Kuuuuuurt," Blaine moaned, now looking directly in my eyes with his own beautiful amber ones. "But it's my birthday."

"You did not just use that on me," I grumbled. But before he could say anything else, a huge grin was plastered on his face as he watched me cross over to his side of the bed and wrap my arms around him.

I knew I was no longer annoyed when I got to see a smile like that on his face. Even as his bright eyes disappeared when lazily closing again, I could still picture his captivating features while heaving him upwards into my arms. That's how I always wanted to see Blaine. Not the broken one I remembered from last night.

I did my best for him to not notice me falter slightly as I heaved him off the bed and searched for footing across the bedroom floor. Within seconds he was already snuggled up tightly against me.

Eventually we had made our way out of my bedroom space and into the living room with the loft nearly silent. Just as I was about to lower Blaine's body onto the couch, a voice spoke out.

"Good morning, lovebirds."

"Santana!" I exclaimed, so surprised that Blaine fell right out of my arms as I jumped. I whipped my head around just as he luckily fell right onto the couch, now fully alert.

She was still in her pajamas that consisted of a grey tank top and leopard print shorts, and her long dark hair was twisted into a messy up-do. Casually she strode over and landed herself on one of the living room chairs. "It looks like the roles have reversed, considering Sleeping Beauty is the one waking up the prince."