Chapter 50

*Unedited*

I'm so sorry, I'm ashamed :'(

@Queenread @kendallblacc Thank you for calling me out lol

~~

Maadwoa

I whimper as my body is slammed against the hard, stone wall. My body slides down the wall as I hold my hips in pain; this has got to be the tenth time in the past three days. Slowly, I get up again, still holding onto my bruised hip.

"What did you say to me?" Anita barks at me, inching towards me with a scowl on her face. I look up at her with pure fear all over my face.

"I-I'm sorry but I can't share my food with you. I'm... hungry." I stutter out.

That made her angrier and she pushes me against the wall again. My eyes water as I am forced to stare into her dark brown eyes. Her hands grip the collar of my raggedy shirt as she glares daggers at me. She opens her mouth to speak but before she can get anything out, a voice from behind interrupts.

"Anita, just let the girl go!" Gina exclaims exasperatedly. This makes Anita let go of my shirt and she immediately whips her head around to Gina.

"And what does this have to do with you?" she retorts intimidatingly.

"You don't scare me. We barely get food around here and now that we do, you want to take it away from her. Just leave her alone." Gina defends, stuffing a spoonful of the burnt rice in her mouth.

It's been three days since I was thrown in this hell. Three days of torture and pain. The first day was the worst; all I did was cry and get yelled at by everyone around me.  When Anita woke up from her nap that day, she interrogated me as if she was an officer, and she didn't forget to threaten to 'bust my head open' if I didn't stop crying. Me being so emotional, I didn't stop crying and so she kicked me on my hip. That shut me up really quickly. I refused any food (not like they offered me some anyway) and just kept to myself, as if they would somehow pity me and let me go. 

The second day, I begged to call my friends but they wouldn't let me. The wards told me that the King banned me from having any visitors or contacting anyone; it was part of my punishment. That made me feel even worse; it felt like salt rubbed in the wound. To make it even worse, Anita was bored and thought I was a dummy, so she started practicing karate moves on me. Needless to say, she really hurt me. I have a swollen cheek and broken leg. I wasn't even given a meal yesterday so that was two days in a row that I didn't eat. I hadn't slept properly because I had no pillow or blanket, just the hard ground. I was cold and uncomfortable, especially being in a cell with two intimidating strangers. 

Today, I was finally given food (a small portion burnt white rice and tasteless stew) but I was so hungry that I accepted it. But it turns out Gina was hungrier than me because she finished hers and demanded mine, but I said 'no' because my stomach was growling. That's why we are in this situation right now .

"Oh, I don't scare you, huh?" Anita echoes, advancing towards Gina, who was sitting on the floor with the bowl in her hands.

"I believe that's what I just said." she responds with a bored look on her face. If I wasn't scared out of my mind, I would have laughed. But I'm not always stupid, so I kept my mouth shut.

Anita got closer to Gina and I saw her lift her foot up as if she was going to step on her but a loud voice grasps our attention.

"Anita, back away!" the female ward, whose name I found out was Kate, shouts, shooting daggers with her eyes.

Surprisingly, Anita obeyed and backed away from Gina with an annoyed eyeroll. She glares at the ward but goes back to her corner of the cell, leaning her head against the wall as she mutters some colorful words. I guess everyone is scared of someone.