Chapter 12.

March 23rd...

Danny's POV

The black, solid iron gate slowly opens after the guard blows the horn. I sit up in the back of the limo and observe my surroundings through the tinted window. A pure white Mercedes is parked right in front of the mansion while five more luxury cars are parked to the side. Palm trees grow out of the vibrant, green grass, with the leaves slightly moving as a light breeze blows in the air. The beige mansion is decorated with multiple windows and a burgundy colored roof, with white pillars attached to the roof and elevated on a smooth, marble verandah. The Nelsons' mansion looks the same as it did before.

My parents suggested that I visit Afia at her house today instead of making her come over all the time. I was fine just being home alone and not having to spend all my time with her but my parents think that she will feel sad if I keep isolating myself from her, so by force, I had to come here today. But it may not be that bad, as long as she doesn't try to cook for me again (I value my life).

When the limo parks in front of the mansion, Mrs. Nelson comes running out of the house with a smile on her face. I get out of the car, closing it behind me as I walk over to Mrs. Nelson. She holds her hands out to hug me and I gently embrace her. Even though I don't want to marry her daughter, I have to admit she is a nice lady.

"Good afternoon, ma." I greet her and she smiles, pinching my cheek.

"Good afternoon, my prince. How are you?" she asks me.

"I'm fine, thank you. How are you doing?" I ask in return.

"By the grace of God, I am doing well."

I nod and smile at her. The guards tap my shoulder and I turn to look at them.

"Your Highness, we will ask of leave now. Please call us when you are ready to leave." one of them says and I nod  at them.

The only reason they are leaving me alone right now is because they believe I don't need any guarding or protecting from my fiance. If I were with Maadwoa right now, they would not have left my side. The one time I actually want to be alone, they refuse to leave.

"Oh, my prince. Afia is in the back by the pool with some friends. Go meet her, she'll be excited to see you." she urges, straightening my green polo shirt.

"Alright, thank you ma."

I make my way towards the back of the mansion. I can hear the splashes of the pool and chatter of multiple girls before I even get there. When I appear at the poolside, I see Afia laying on a chaise lounge pool chair with sunglasses, and one of her friends sitting at the edge of the pool, while the other is floating in the pool.  

Afia's head turns in my direction and she takes her sunglasses off in surprise.

"Danny!" she exclaims, sitting up in the lounge chair.

Her friends quickly whip their heads towards me and their eyes widen in shock. The girl at the edge of the pool accidentally falls in and I gasp but she quickly swims back up to the surface with a smile. The one floating also falls in until she also swims back up, swimming towards my direction.

"I-is that Prince Danny?" she asks, staring at me with a dazed look.

I nod with a smile. "Hello."

The two girls in the pool look at each other and scream in excitement, making me flinch and roll my eyes. Why are they screaming like they've never seen a human before? Afia covers her ears with her hands and rolls her eyes as well.

"Girls!" she exclaims loudly, causing the two excited girls to finally shut up. They frown in shame but glance over at me again with a smile.

Afia stands up from her seat, pulling at the hem of her purple and white polka dot swim-dress. She walks over to me and puts her hand on my shoulder, giving me a smile.