|| 42.

Utianle

Giggles bubbled in my stomach, rose to my throat and spilled from my lips as the voice from the other end of my phone chuckled before going into a coughing fit. Instead of consoling her, I laughed harder and clutched my side, causing me to snort in the process. Mischievous Faith was at it again.

I replaced the notepad on the pillow with my phone, placing it on speaker so I could stand up. At first, I thought Faith was joking about Umoh releasing a new single until she went on to play it. The song was about a certain Julie and all the things he should have done when she was still in his life.

Julie indeed.

He was smart enough to change the names and places he mentioned but everything else in the song was relating to us. To think that he made himself look like the victim.

"You should calm down and listen to the song," Faith murmured, laughter laced her words and I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "I think it's about you."

The song was obviously about me, he even mentioned the kiss with King. I puckered my lips as Faith continued rambling. Umoh was a chapter of my life I was glad to be done with and the part of the song I had listened to was more than enough. Whatever he decided to sing about wasn't any of my business so long he wasn't mentioning mine or my babies names.

"Why are you even listening to his song?"

Faith never once liked him nor his songs, the few times she listened was to pick out the lines where his lisp might have slipped. She has an ear for it. I chuckled at the thought of what might happen if Faith saw Umoh. Well, she has my blessings to go crazy on him, he would survive it.

"I didn't. I am not. It just came on the radio," she said and I replied with a noncommittal yeah. She could have skipped it. After a brief pause, she asked, "How's the place?"

With my phone in hand, I walked to the window. My forehead pressed against the cool glass as I watched King and the kids toss a ball in the pool. Even grumpy Esther was not left out, her thin frame launched the ball with an enviable strength, hitting King on the head and a gasp escaped me.

They all laughed and I relaxed. Knowing Esther, that move was deliberate but she would come around, she has to. "It's big."

The swimming pool was clean and clear, so clear I could see the white tiles inside from where I stood. A small box speaker was by the side of the railing but no music was coming from it. Chairs lined the side of the pool with towels draped on it and when they jumped or splashed water on each other, some of it would spill on the chairs.

"How big?" Faith insisted.

The length of the pool could have made up two of my living room, it was that big and I had not even gotten to the rooms and other parts of his house yet. On the surface of the pool were tubes which no one was using, if there was one thing my babies and I could do well, it was swim. We were mini fishes.

"Very big," I answered.

My eyes swept over our room while I thought of the best comparison to give for Faith to understand just how large this place was. From outside, the bungalow looked like it could barely take up to four rooms but I had counted six when King gave us a mini tour of the whole place. The kitchen was not included in those six.

This place was comparable to a celebrity home with more empty rooms, toilets and bathrooms than you would ever need, plus a large, unoccupied mass of land that would probably never be put to use. So much space for a small number of people.

A laugh slipped from me when I recalled what King called this place, a mini pad. I scoffed, this place was bigger than his house in Calabar and I wouldn't even call it mini. I sighed, for now, I could only dream of having a place to call my mini pad.