|| 71.

King

The adoption certificate was beautiful. With a big smile, I turned it over.

Esther Daniels.

A name had never sounded so beautiful. The paper was grabbed from my hand. Uti ran out of the parlour laughing. I ran after her, grinning at the thought that Esther became a Daniels before her. She locked the door of my room in my face. I knocked more than twice but that sexy stubborness didn't open.

"Uti, open the door." I banged on the door but her laughter only seemed to grow. "Utianle."

The door creaked open. Uti peeped outside, lips tilted in a mischievous grin. She opened the door wider for me to enter. I lifted her off the ground and into my arms. Her giggles tickled my ears as I lowered her on the bed.

Stalking her like a hunter, I peppered kisses all over her face. She kissed me back for only a second. I sat and pulled her to my lap so her legs were on either side of my hips.

"Are you jealous, ehn?" I said. "This woman. You're not yet a Daniels, shey you know?"

"It's me you're calling this woman?" But her eyes were smiling. I stuck out my tongue and she nodded knowingly. "You will marry yourself." My jaw slacked. But I was joking. Observing my facial reaction, she burst into laughter. "I was joking o. Of course I want to marry you." Uti ran her hand over my chest, shoulder. "See as you fine like two people."

What the fuck kind of compliment was that? I laughed along with her, sliding a hand into her gown so I could touch every inch of her properly. Her scalp shone from the oil she applied to it. She was back to rocking her really low cut. I tipped her jaw, searching for the emotions beneath the smile, the laughter.

Her grey eyes misted. The laughter was gone, replaced by a familiar sadness. The ache was no longer soul eating but it was present. It would always be present but we would grow better at masking it. I tapped her nose and winked.

"Tomiwa was thinking of moving his wedding." Her head was already shaking in the negative before I could finish talking. "I don't know. It's not a bad idea. I don't mind."

"I know he wants to do it for me and I do mind," Uti replied. "I don't want people to stop living their lives because of me, King."

"They don't mind."

One glare from her shut me up. The wedding was this Saturday. Today was Thursday. Our next trial was Friday. His point was to have the wedding at another date so we wouldn't arrive at the venue with an air of melancholy hanging over us. In his opinion, doing it after the case was closed was better. It made no sense having something as joyful as a wedding when justice was yet to be served.

"King, don't let him cancel it." Uti palmed my cheeks and my resolve dissipated. Her lips turned up in a frown. "Anything can happen."

True but I didn't want to get her hopes high. I kissed her. "I'll tell him you don't mind." She nodded and I kissed her again. Taking her hand to cover the erection stretching my shorts, I pouted. "Star boy wants something."

"Star boy?" Her hand slipped into my shorts, curling around my member. "You call him star boy?" Another nod. I couldn't be the only man who had a name for his dick. Her finger brushed the opening at the top, my eyelids fluttered and I saw stars. "You are mad."

"I'm mad over you, girl." The throbbing in my groin intensified. Uti crawled down from my lap to pull down my shorts. She knelt on the floor, between my legs. Seeing how slow she was, I pumped my dick to motivate her. "But look at him na, he resembles a star." A smile was all I got. She retracted my hand to wrap hers around my star boy. "We need to get married, wifey. I want us to marry fast, fast."