Chapter 11: "This can't be..."

Comincia dall'inizio

"I guess... I don't really remember their names." My mind drifted off to the night of the party as a memory struck the back of my head, "There was this one thing though..."

"Go on."

"That night, when Allison insisted on playing Never Have I Ever, Crystal made a remark of how stupid it sounded, to which Allison replied that it would be more amusing if Crystal's parents found their daughter's body dumped in a ditch somewhere," the memories of the doomed night sent shivers down my spine.

"Hmm... Ironic how it was Allison's body we found the next day," he scoffed, saying out those words almost amusingly. A moment later, he nodded his head thoughtfully, "Alright, you can go now."

"Thank you detective," saying so, I lifted myself up from my seat and advanced towards the door.

"Miss Park," his voice stopped me in my tracks as I turned around, "I'm not really sure if someone else had texted me the video from your phone, but a part of me still believes that it wasn't you."

"I-- You believe me?"

He nodded, "I have been in this profession for over twenty years now, and understanding body language of possible suspects is one of the tricks that I've learnt from this job. Judging by the way you present yourself, it won't be wrong of me to say that the text didn't sound like it was yours."

"... Thank you for believing in me."

He passed a stern nod to me, "Just make sure it doesn't happen again."

I nodded at his question before making my way out. I noticed Maeve and Grace standing in a corner of the hallway before walking upto them, "Have you given your statements too?" I asked.

"Like we had a choice. Have been interrogated twice in a month. I've got to put that on my resumé," Maeve rolled her eyes.

"I don't get it. Why interrogate the students when a girl has gone missing for over two weeks. What are we supposed to know?" Grace enquired.

"That's because the cops are stupid. Every officer needs a Lucifer by their side. "What do you truly desire?" and bam! You'd know if the suspect's guilty or not," she clicked her fingers, right when detective Gonzalez walked out of the room, carrying the notebook he had been writing down his notes in.

"Given the shortage of time, we have to halt the interrogation at the moment. The remaining students have to give their statements tomorrow," eyeing the people in the corridor one last time, he walked out of the school in his cop car.

"Well it's already 8, so there's no point in staying here. I'm off to my room," breathing out a dramatic sigh, Maeve headed to her dorm as the others dispersed soon.

I survived another day. Yay.

Slumping my shoulders, I walked back to my room.

******

S E P T E M B E R 1 8, 2 0 1 9