Chapter 103: "Isn't everyone crazy and messed up in their own way?"

"So, you made a murder board like Francesca's?" Detective Richardson asked.

"Not the exact same, but basically yes," I answered.

"So, the reason you didn't consider Francesca a prime suspect was because the Butterfly kidnapped her?"

I chuckled. "I was naïve, unfortunately," I said, feeling disappointed with the April from three months ago. She had every piece figured out. She knew every move, yet she listened to her heart instead of her head. Thankfully, such foolishness didn't last long for her.

"And did you confront Francesca after knowing that she and Allison were related?" he asked.

I nodded, smirking. "That was another labyrinth of tales, if I say so myself."

******

MARCH 31, 2020

MARCH 31, 2020

"Hey!" I reached out and pulled an unnoticing Francesca into the hallway, her hands full of books as she left her room

"Grace, wha--" She was at a lose for words as we ran down the corridors.

Eyes stared us down till we reached the school gate and stopped, panting heavily. I laughed as I inhaled in short gasps.

"Grace, what was that?" Francesca asked, catching her breath.

"I'm getting us out of here!"

The confusion on her face only grew as I answered her question.

"What do you mean?" Francesca asked.

"We're going to the Vallée Artisanale. It's a one day Art Festival in New Orleans and it's not even that far away!"

"What about classes?"

"I took Principal Hawthorne's permission. He even said how he appreciated me doing this, given everything that's been going on at school," I explained to her.

"What about April? She wouldn't appreciate us going--"

"April's fine with it too," I said, interrupting her.