Chapter 67: "I know you love her."

"Wait, Theo and Allison...?" detective Richardson paused.

I nodded. "Theo and Allison."

"So, was Theo the snake in the group?"

A smirk lined my lips. "Everyone was a suspect, detective."

******

JANUARY 19, 2020

JANUARY 19, 2020

Passing through the hallways, I shoved my hands in my pockets against the brittle cold

Passing through the hallways, I shoved my hands in my pockets against the brittle cold. The Butterfly had summoned us again. But who among us would be present was the real question. Deep inside, I already knew who.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed from inside my jacket. Pulling it out, I noticed the new message from Butterfly. It was some anonymous link.

"Where's Grace?" Josh asked Maeve as the four of us walked into the backyard at once. Only the four of us.

"And April?" Francesca followed.

Maeve shook her head. "Grace isn't in her best shape, and April is...unbothered."

Solemn nods came from their side, while I remained unfazed.

"So, uh, did you guys get this message?" Josh asked, to which all of us nodded. "Should we open it?"

"No way!" Maeve yelled.

"Why?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

She shrugged. "What if it's a malware? I can't have my privates leaked." She gawked as the rest of us stared her down in disbelief. It wasn't exactly disbelief. She was right. None of us wanted our secrets to be spilled, but we were still players of the Butterfly's game, and eventually, our pasts would drag us down. All we could do was delay the process.

"Fine, I'll do it--"

"No," Maeve paused Francesca in her tracks and turned to Josh and me, "patriarchy's dead. Men first."