Chapter 64: "The ship I'm rooting for is a Titanic."

"And while trying to reignite your friendship with Kenji, you kept ignoring your friends?" detective Richardson asked, stressing on friends.

"What can I say? I was playing the game just like the Butterfly." I raised a brow.

"By keeping to yourself?"

Scoffing, I shook my head. "By eliminating my enemies one-by-one."

******

JANUARY 10, 2020

JANUARY 10, 2020

"Today, I'll be giving out your penultimate assignment, so I want your full attention for this one," Shanish said and grabbed a chalk

"How many projects did you get a perfect score on?" Isaak whispered, nudging me.

"Six."

His eyebrows arched several miles up. "That must put you on a ninety-nine percentile."

"And yet, Helena's on top." I scowled and looked over at her as she took diligent notes. She possessed an insane duality before and behind teachers' backs. It was almost like two souls composed her body.

"Alright," Shanish's voice drew me back to the discussion. She put down the white stick with a sharp tick and turned to the rest of us. The words on the board read out Flaws and Imperfections. I eased into my chair for a long monologue about how flawed humans are and that our imperfections made us unique. "I hope you remember the students you were paired with for the first project?" Apparently, there weren't any long lectures. Sweet.

"," Helena answered, followed by nods from the other members.

"This project, too, is a team task. But now, the seniors hold the camera and juniors become their muses."

She spent the next minutes explaining the assignment, about how the muses must lay themselves vulnerable before the lens, and show a side of themselves no one has ever seen. It sounded too...documentary?

"Questions?" No one raised a hand, not even Helena, which took me by surprise. "You'll have an exact week to hand over your project. Best of luck, and class is dismissed."