Chapter 8: "You're under arrest for the murder of Allison Hawthorne."

Author's Note : Read till the end to know more about the Giveaway winners. Back to the story!

******

"Didn't you find it strange that Francesca opened up to you so readily, even when she hardly knew anything about you?" Detective Richardson asked.

"Not really. Sometimes, it's easier to let loose to a stranger than to someone you know," I shrugged.

"I see your point there," he hummed, "what about the principal? Why did he call you into his office since you didn't really commit a crime in expressing your opinions behind close doors."

"No, we didn't. He was... cautious of his students and certainly didn't want them to find themselves in the middle of a dire situation. What I didn't know then was why Detective Gonzalez was so insistent on pinning the murder on any of the students at Beacon Heights."

"What was the reason?"

"Whatever it was, I can assure you it wasn't pretty."

******

S E P T E M B E R 1 1, 2 0 1 9

"You must be thinking why you are here, right?" Principal Hawthorne asked as Francesca and I were seated across from him, confusion and fear building within us

"We didn't do anything wrong in expressing our opinions on... Allison," I said, the last word dawning upon him like a distant regret, a washed up sorrowful memory.

He cleared his throat forcefully as if trying to emphasize on what he spoke next, "No, you didn't do anything wrong in expressing your views on the situation. I have no idea how this video was released to everyone at the school, but since it did, you have to understand a few points carefully."

"Alright..."

"You need to know that the police don't want to find out who the real murderer is. All they want is to close the case as fast as possible. They won't be looking for substantial evidence, but will be ready to pin the murder on anyone who seems suspicious, and against whom, they find the slightest bit of proof that they are capable of the murder. In other words, all they search for is a plausible motive. Second, consider this as a suggestion: Forget everything regarding Allison's death."