Wanda.

April 1st,2020 (12pm)
Barney's, Madison Ave (Manhattan,NYC)

"You look fat-bulous." Avery said sassily as I pulled back the curtain of the dressing room wearing a Versace midi dress. I laughed a bit as I turned to look into the mirror behind me. I took a deep breath and placed my hand over the small budge in my abdomen.

"You look amazing." I watched from the mirror as Avery walked up behind me and placed both hands on my shoulders. "Now, can we end your designer haul, and go eat?"

"Get out, fatty." I laughed and smiled brightly as I pushed him back out and pulled the curtain closed.

————-

"You grabbed the Dior onesies right?" I asked as Avery and I walked towards the register. He looked from behind the stack of clothes in his arms, "Yes, along with the rest of the store. And do you really think we should be buying baby stuff this early?"

"It's just a few things, don't tri-"
"Oh my- Miss I'm so sorry , I was facing the other way and, you know these heels are just-" I backed away, instinctively holding my stomach , from the woman I had just bumped into, then stumbled into Avery who stepped back and dropped a few of the onesies for the baby.

"Kellandra?" the woman, Reese's mother removed her large black hat that covered her face, revealing a shocked look. She looked down at the hand holding my stomach, then at the onesies on the floor that Avery tried picking up quickly, then back at me.

"Are you...?" her face contorted into different emotions as her words faltered. I pursed my lips then began to walk away.

"Kellandra, please wait!" she hurried after me. "Yeah, can I have a little help?" I heard Avery say.
I stopped and she resumed staring at my small bump in shock. Avery emerged from behind her holding a jumbled heap of clothes I picked out. I grabbed half and held them over my stomach, breaking Wanda's intense stare. She looked up at me.

"It's Reese's, right?" she began to tear and clasped her hands tightly.

I sighed deeply and turned away, running my fingers through my scalp as my eyes bounced around the large store.

"Yes. Okay? It's his. And truthfully, I wish it wasn't. I wish I never met him. I never want to see you, or your son ever again. So say what you want, but I will make sure Reese, you, or anyone else doesn't ruin my child's life." I said through gritted teeth. I turned to walk away but I felt a hand grab my arm. "Wait, Kelly." Avery said and looked at me sympathetically. "Look. I think you should hear her out." He looked between Wanda and I.

I stood there for a second, then kissed my teeth as I shifted my gaze from him to her.

"Thank you." She clasped her hands and sniffled as she moved closer. "I- I just think Reese should know you're with his child.."

"Okay. Then you tell him. I have no desire to speak to that man." I straightened up and spoke condescendingly as I looked at her. "Look. I have every right to feel this way. Unless Reese gets his act together, there will be no Kumbaya between him and I. Now as for you, and Richard? I just have to feel this out. At the end of the day, you'll always be in favor of your son. And though it would be nice to have my baby surrounded by both families.. I don't know you.." Avery clutched my shoulder gently and I turned to look in his eyes, they silently begged for me to comply. I sighed again. "But I am willing to get to know you." I poked my lips out awkwardly as I stared, awaiting her response.

"Thank you for giving me a chance. For letting me in, even if it's not as much as I had hoped. If you need anything, you let me know. And you're right, he is my son. But I have morals, I can fully acknowledge what he did was wrong and I will never hold you accountable for his problems..." she looked away, then back at me. "I think we should sit." She walked over to the small sofa nearby and we all sat down. I looked at her peculiarly.