Home Alone.

April 2nd,2020 (10am)
Kelly's Penthouse

"Alright, Kel." Avery said as he picked his briefcase up from the couch and headed towards the door. I paced behind him, hugging myself tightly as a morning breeze raced through the glass sliding door to the balcony, the linen curtain waving gracefully.

Once he reached the door, he turned and crouched down, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be in my office, but you can call me for anything. I should be home at around 3." he looked at me reassuringly as he placed his hand my shoulder. "I'll stop whatever I'm doing for you."

"Yes, I know." I half-smiled and reached behind him to open the door. He walked out to the elevator , closing the door behind him.

I went to the fridge and grabbed the orange juice, then over to the stove to grab the plate Avery had made for me this morning: Blueberry Cinnamon pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, and turkey bacon.

I took my breakfast to bed and turned on the TV, lying back as I watched Degrassi: The Next Generation.

After finishing my breakfast and damn near eating the plate, I started to get tired again. I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the prenatal vitamin Avery left out, and washed it down with some orange  juice.

—————————-
April 2nd,2020 (1pm)
Kelly's Penthouse

I slowly blinked as I woke up from a long, much needed nap. The sunlight danced on the walls, a slight breeze blowing on my face. There was a smell, like something was cooking. I looked confusedly at my bedroom door. Did Avery come home early?

As I opened the door, a gust of the pleasant aroma rushed me: stuffed peppers.

"Hello, sleepy head."

I looked up at Reese who emerged from around the corner, smiling brightly. His eyes were red and he fidgeted as he came closer. I began to collapse, he caught me and I breathed heavily and clutched at my robe.

"Get.. off.." I tried to finish but the room was spinning as he carried me to the couch. He placed me down gently and once he did I crawled off the couch, towards the house phone on the far end of the coffee table. He kicked the phone out of my reach and it flew into the wall. I scooted away from him back towards my bedroom.

"Get over here." he grabbed my ankles and snatched me so hard that I hit my head on the ground. I winced in pain, as he got on top of me, moving my hair out of my face. He leaned down to kiss me and I spit in his face.

He ceased and wiped my saliva off his face, then got up. I lie in fetal position, protecting my stomach as he towered over me.

"The peppers should be done by now." he spoke casually as he walked off into the kitchen.

I looked over at the house phone, pieces of it scattered in front of me.

*knock knock*

I looked back at the door then at Reese, who held a spatula irritatingly.

"Who else has our passcode?" he snarled.

"F-Fedex ... I got a new computer." I sniffled and looked at him pleadingly. He placed the spatula on the counter, and walked over to the door. I got up quickly and quietly as he turned away to open the door.

"Hello sir, is Kellandra Grey home?" a male voice said from the hallway. Reese looked back at me and stepped into the hallway. He closed the door behind him and I ran into my room.