Reese.

February 13th 2020 (continued)

"So what y'all got planned for tomorrow?" Taneya asked as she scarfed down a bag of hot cheetos while we were on group FaceTime.
"Giiirl, you remember that guy I met on Tinder? Terrell? Well, he's taking me to some fancy Italian joint tomorrow night." I looked at Pearl as she painted her long stiletto nails white.
"Nothing." I murmured as I placed my laptop on my bed and sat next to it, looking with a straight face into the camera.
"Kellandra, you better get you a Tinder boo. You see Pearl and Terrell hit it off, I think you can find someone." Tee chimes in.
"I don't know.. you know I haven't actively dated anyone since .. ugh." I sighed and fell back into my bed.
"Yes. We know. But it's time, girl. We love you to pieces and I know Bentley wouldn't want you to just deprive yourself of the possibility of finding love again." Pearl said as she looked into the camera sympathetically. She was right, I know there's no time limit on grief but there was on my life.. any day I could go . And I wanted so much for myself.. a family, to get married .. I picked up my phone and went to the App Store. I downloaded Tinder and showed the girls the pending download on my phone's screen.

————-

"Oh, he's cute." Pearl said as she leaned over my shoulder and stared into my phone. As soon as she seen I downloaded Tinder, she raced right over to accompany in my search for a new man. Taneya couldn't make it.

"Yeah, he is. He has a job, he's 22 and he's a Taurus. Oh look he can cook!" I said as I stared at the handsome, brown skin man on my phone. He looked a lot like Avery, though. Just lighter and thinner. Was that a bad thing? Guess we'd have to find out.

"Wait." I paused my thoughts as something triggered my memory.

"What's wrong, girl?" Pearl asked as she leaned in closer.

Reese was in my Psych 101 class. Thats why I recognized him. We spoke on a few occasions in college and he was always sweet, very polite and funny. But I was with Avery, I didn't even bother looking at Reese in that light.

"Yeah, actually. From college... he always tried to get at me but I was with Avery." I looked at my screen contemplatively.

"Well you ain't anymore!" Pearl spoke matter of factly.

"Swipe right.." I swiped on him and then threw my phone down like I had just received an unexpected dick pic. Did I just do that? Then my phone pinged and I picked it up, a text from Reese Wilder.
"Hey beautiful. Remember me?" it read.
I began to type.
"Lol hey ❤️. Yes, I do! How are you?" I responded .

"Well, I guess you didn't need my help after all. I'm gonna go lay in your comfortable, soft, luscious king sized bed." Pearl says as she got up and sashayed off and into my bedroom. I laughed a bit but then looked back at my phone.

———-
"Ahh you're hilarious! That really happened to you?"
"Yeah I have a hard time believing it myself! Those kids man... So what about you? But instead of an embarrassing moment, tell me one crazy memory of yours." Reese says.
I gave him my phone number to FaceTime and he looked the same, still handsome. He was also funny and really smart. We had been on the phone for 4 hours just chatting and laughing.

"Well. When I was 14, my brother and I stole a school bus and -"
"Woooow, you were a wild one I see. A school bus?"
I laughed. "Yeah, we were bored so we just said "Fuck it." . But we drove that thing for about 15 minutes until he crashed into a ditch. We were fine, I had a little bump on my head but we got out of there so fast. Then the next day at school, the principal announced that whoever stole it would be fined and possibly facing jail time. They never found out it was us, though." I laughed and then smiled to myself at the memory of Keivon and I.

We chatted a little more and I didn't even notice it was 3am. It was Valentine's Day.
"Would you like to go on a date with me? Tonight? Well that's if you're not busy with anything today and I know it's kind of last minu-" he said nervously.
"Yes. I will. I was actually waiting for you to ask." I smiled into the camera and he smiled back, laughing to disguise his relief.

"Okay. Send your address and I'll pick you up at 8pm? It's up to you, really.I know this seafood spot in the city, you'll love it."
"8 is fine. And I'm sure I will, I can definitely go for some lobster."
"Okay, great. See you tonight?"
"See you tonight!" I responded happily.

I got a date! I hung up and jumped off the couch, then skipped into my room where Pearl slept, quietly snoring.
"Yes!" I said in a loud whisper, then I got into bed and planned my outfit in my head.

So you might be thinking, "Hey, isn't this kind of soon?" But deep in my spirit, I had a good feeling about Reese. I was excited to see where this night would lead me... or us. He wasn't horrible in college, and he seemed like the same old Reese.

By the way, a red three piece set: blazer with a lacy top that cupped my small breasts and pushed them up real nicely. And flare pants that hugged my ass better than any man could topped with my strappy heels.