Chapter 16 - Goodbye

A/N

WARNING THIS IS SAD

I SWEAR THIS IS MY LAST SAD CHAPTER!!!! I know it's short i meant it too be because i bawled at this part like seriously no joke. I swear i won't make another really, really, really, really sad chapter this was the last one because one, i already have another sad chapter and two i don't think i can write any more saddness in this story so yeah. Thank you so much for reading!

Comment, Follow, Vote pretty please with a cherry on top!

        Talk to ya later shanks! ~Emily.

Four Days Later

(Nothing happens, she goes back home and grieves a little.)

I stand in front of my mirror staring at myself. I wore a black-laced long sleeved dress that fell to my mid calf. My hair was pinned into a bun my curls making it look beautifully messy. On top of my head was a big black hat with a lace veil over it, covering my face. I had on black heals. I dare not put on any make up knowing I will cry even if I couldn't those first few nights. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut.

Today was the day to say one last goodbye to William.

I opened my eyes and grabbed the blue rose off my desk and pinned it to my dress right over my heart. I stepped out of my room and grabbed my phone. Tori, was now up but still at the hospital, she was going to go to the funeral today. Someone knocked on my door and right away I knew it was Thomas. I walked over and let him in. He was dressed in a black tuxedo and had a blue tie. He was more supportive then any boyfriend I have ever had, and we've only been dating for about a week maybe even less. I don't know anymore... He pulled me into a hug, which I gladly hugged him back. He rubbed my back reassuringly. I rest my cheek on his chest. He kissed the top of my head. We stood there hugging for a while until I pulled back realizing we should get to the church...

            When we got to the church there were a lot more people then excepted I guess some of his friends, and maybe our distant relatives came. Tori, myself, Thomas, even Dylan, Kaya, Will, and Ki Hong came. What surprised me more was Anastasia, Mark and Ava came also. I smiled and sat down in the front row, luckily it was a small church. Will's casket sat in the front the priest waiting for the right time. After he finished telling everything he had. (I don't know what to call it exactly.) He called me up to the little podium stand thing. I stood in front of all the crying people and felt like crying myself.

"Hi, my name is Autumn. William was my half brother, but to me he was my full brother and the best brother anyone could ever imagine having. He was so full of light and now... he's gone." My voice cracked so I paused and took a deep breath. "He always knew what to say, how to cheer not just me but also his sister Tori up. Even though he was the youngest he was the brightest and just absolutely amazing. He may have not lived very long, but I can assure you he lived to his fullest each day making sure if the next day he was gone, he would proudly say 'I lived.'." A tear rolled down my cheek. "Every little memory I have of him will be the last things I have of him. I will cherish each and every memory for as long as I shall live." I got off stage and sat down crying. The priest came up and had the men carry his casket out to the graveyard. Everyone followed and stood around his casket, everyone crying. The priest tapped my shoulder telling me it's time to sing. I nodded and grabbed the microphone from his hand and the music started.

(Why by Rascal Flatts.) Listen to this as you are reading, you don't have to read the lyrics just either skip them while listening or whatever. PS I bawled writing this. SORRY!

It must've been in a place so dark you couldn't feel the light
Reachin' for you through that stormy cloud
Now here we are gathered in our little hometown
This can't be the way you meant to draw a crowd

Oh, why? That's what I keep askin'

Was there anything I could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking
A troubled soul, God only knows what went wrong
And why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song

Now in my mind I keep you frozen as a seventeen year old
Roundin' third to score the winning run
You always played with passion no matter what the game
When you took the stage, you shined just like the sun

Oh, why? That's what I keep askin'
and was there anything I could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking
a troubled soul, oh, God only knows what went wrong
and why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song

Now the oak trees are swayin' in the early autumn breeze
The golden sun is shining on my face
The tangled thoughts I hear a mockingbird sing
This old world really ain't that bad a place

Oh, why? There's no comprehending
And who am I to try to judge or explain?
Oh, but I do have one burning question
who told you life wasn't worth the fight?
They were wrong, they lied, and now you're gone, and we cried

'Cause it's not like you to walk away in the middle of a song
your beautiful song, your absolutely beautiful song

Everyone was sniffling as I ended the song. I gave the microphone to the priest and went over to Will's casket to say one last goodbye. I put my hand on the casket.

"William James Rousse, we've been through so much together. I can't believe it had to end so short. So many adventures we went on and now I can only think about the one's we could have been on. You'll be in my heart for as long as I shall live, and longer." My eyes were flooded with tears. "I miss you so much." My voice cracked.

"I wish you were still here buddy. I miss you so, so, so, so much." My voice cracked even more. "I love you." I whispered laying down the blue rose that was attached to my dress. I gently set it down on his casket "Goodbye William." I whispered letting my hand stay on his cakset just a little longer thinking that maybe this was all a dream and he would wake up and be perfectly fine but this was the sad truth. I walked away. Tasha, Anastasia took me in her arms and I hugged her back. Soon everyone started going his or her own ways. Tasha, Mark and Ava gave me hugs and had to leave. I walked over to Tori and gave her a hug. She was bawling her eyes out and I silently sobbed into her shoulder.

"I miss him Autumn." She whispers.

"I know, I do too Tori. I do too." I whispered. She pulled away and gave me a kiss on the cheek then said goodbye. She went back to the hospital and I walked over to Thomas who pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry this had to happen to you Autumn." He whispered.

"Yeah... but it happened I can't change that..." I whispered.

"I know I wish you could." He whispered I gave a nod of my head.

"Let's go it's starting to snow." He said. I nodded my head again and we got into his car.