Chapter 14 - Really Dylan

Third Person

Autumn watched as one doctor pulled the blanket over William's head letting it stay there. Her knees buckled underneath her letting her knees slam against the cold, hard tiled floor. She was not crying, though she wanted tears to come but they never did. All she felt was numbness. No pain, no sadness, and no nothing besides numb. Her mind was wiped of any conscious thought. Thomas had come by her side, tears in his own eyes, as he knew what had happened. William had died. He rested a hand on Autumn's shoulder but she didn't move. He waved a hand in front of her face and all she did was blink.

"Autumn." He called out, she never responded. He sighed sadly and picked her up bridal style carrying her through the hospital and to his car. She had not registered she was moving or even was in a car. When Thomas began to drive after successfully buckling her in and himself, she sat there staring out the window in front of her doing absolutely nothing. It pained him to see her like this. She was never like this. Ever. But then again, he doesn't know a whole bunch about her but at the same time he feels like they've known each other for a lifetime. He sighed and continued down the road.

            They finally made it to Thomas's house around four in the morning. He sighed getting her out of the car, she had finally registered something but she was like a zombie. She walked into the house with the help of Thomas. Thomas brought her into the spare room and put her in bed covering her up. He kissed her forehead then left the room then a couple minuets later coming back in with a note saying:

Dear Autumn,

When you wake, you are welcome to take a shower. If I am not up when you wake up then you can either wake me up, which is preferred or you can go and eat whatever you can find.

                        ~Thomas.

He left the note on the side table then left closing the door behind him. He walked to his own room and slipped into bed not caring about changing.

Autumn's P.O.V

            My eyes fluttered open to a white ceiling. Bright light filled the room making everything glow. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked around. This was not my room. Where the hell am I? Then it all came back to me, the hospital, Will, Tori, Will, Thomas bringing me back to his place and putting me in bed. I looked over and saw a note. I read it carefully. I had to read it a couple of times everything was still a blur from last night. I just knew one thing.

My little brother was gone.

I wanted to cry I really, really wanted to cry but no tears came. I felt no pain, no sorrow, no lost just numbness. I finally got off the bed and shuffled to the bathroom. I sighed as I saw myself in the mirror. I can't take a shower I have no clothes. I sighed yet again and walked out to see if Thomas was up. I went around his huge house and only found him in his bed sound asleep. I checked my phone to see what time it was, four in the afternoon. What time did we get back? Surely not after seven in the morning. Should I wake him? He did say in the note... I opened the door and walked over to him. The blanket was covering him up to his chin. He lay on his stomach his head turned to the left and his arm hanging off the side of the bed. His hair was covering his eyes and his mouth lay open and he was snoring. I smiled a little and moved the hair out of his eyes. He stirred and woke up making me jump back in surprise. He chuckled sleepily.

"Being a stalker?" He asked.

My face turned deep crimson. "Um no I just got up and... read the note."

"Ah I see." He said sitting up. The blankets fell down and he was still in his clothes from last night, like myself.

"What time did we get home?" I asked, sitting on the floor.