"I..." Hesitantly, Jungkook struggled to find the proper explanation that would reassure her. Naturally, he melted into her touch; his heart beat nervously in his chest. "I need to talk with Taehyung about something that happened in the pack while we were away. It's really urgent, baby"

"What happened?"

At the sound of his mate's worried voice, Jungkook's heart twisted in his chest. His eyes wavered and cursing under his breath, the Alpha once more formed the perfect lie to tell her, much against his will.

"Everything is fine, baby. The patrols encountered an unknown wolf in the woods. I want to check up with Taehyung that it wasn't a threat." Smiling tenderly, he left a quick kiss to her forehead, sugar coating the lie with his affection for her. "You have nothing to worry about."

Catching the Alpha by surprise, causing his heart to flip inside his chest, the girl's lips collided on his. Rapidly, ever so naturally, he melted into her; drizzling and cascading down her lips, her touch, her warmth, her scent. The kiss was passionate, needy, strong; their lips moved gently, yet, harshly against one another. Jungkook's body shivered slightly at the intensity and the overwhelming feelings that the girl coated him in, through the kiss that they shared. His chest trembled in complain, upon sensing her lips detaching from him, yet, the Alpha was so dwelt into her that he didn't react in time to pull her back into his embrace. For the glossiness in her eyes – a sign of tears – was enough to shake the Alpha to the core. As if he was leaping forward, his mouth quickly opened to fire questions at her, yet, Hani gave him no space to do it and subtly, she ushered him before he ever spoke.

"You should be going. Taehyung is waiting for you. I'll take a shower while you're away"

The Alpha nodded his head and upon watching Hani's figure disappearing into the house, he too, forced his body to move. His footsteps were determinate and assertive, as he walked towards Taehyung's cabin. Absentminded, enticed by the kiss, he trailed his lips with his fingers. He didn't know what it was, he wasn't even sure if he was just overthinking what he had felt and saw. Still, he was certain that something had sparked in him, that she was trying to tell him something with the kiss. Was it fear? Worry? It almost resembled sadness, didn't it? Jungkook sighed, he had to find out what was it was that was disturbing the girl. Somehow, he wanted to fix it, to make her feel better and shoo away whatever was haunting her. But first, he wanted to set his plan into motion.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"I'm coming, I'm coming" Jungkook heard the hurried voice from the other side of the door; sighing, his fist, at last, rested from the incessant knocking. "Jeez, this f*cking Alpha"

The said Alpha shifted his weight from one foot to the other, thumping them, occasionally, on the ground, clearly irritated at how long it was taking the beta to open the door. As it opened, Jungkook said nothing; neither did he glance, ever so slightly, at the confused friend who stared at him from the other side of the door. He just marched inside, like he owned the place, ignoring the sleepy, shirtless, Alpha in the doorway. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows together, intrigued with the other's behavior; surely, Jungkook had learned about what had happened while he was away and clearly, he wasn't pleased with what he had heard.

Quickly, the Alpha settled himself in the living room of the cabin. He was standing in the middle of the room, looking rather impatient with his muscular arms crossed over his equally built chest. When Taehyung walked into the room, Jungkook threw him a familiar sharp glance; one that told Taehyung everything that he needed to know about the Alpha's sudden visit.

"Let's cut the crap and go straight to what I'm here for"

Taehyung perplexed and baffled at the Alpha's serious and stern tone of his voice, faced him from afar, eyes agape. The "hyung" that often decorated Jungkook's phrases when he talked to him and the others was erased completely from his tongue; instead, it was with harshness and authority that he spoke. Taehyung felt his throat become dry under the Alpha's angry and menacing stare. Awkwardly, he coughed – testing his voice – before he started retelling the Alpha everything that had happened, exactly as he remembered.