21| lil' bit of elvis

Start from the beginning

"What would you like me to play Lexi?" He asked me with a smile, his blue eyes staring deep into mine. "Anything that comes to mind in this moment," I told him with a giddy smile. He nodded in response before coughing slightly.

"I haven't played in a while so I might be a little rusty," he told me as he chuckled slightly before beginning to strum the guitar in a soft and calming tune.

"Wise men say,

Only fools rush in,"

I didn't expect him to start singing, but my god am I glad he did. His eyes were downcast when he was singing, concentrating on getting the each note right.

"But I can't help falling in love with you,

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

If I can't help falling in love with you,"

I could see a small smile beginning to form on his light pink lips. His eyes fleeting up to meet mine for a split second making my breath hitch in my throat.

"Like a river flows, surely to the see,

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be,"

He has the genuine voice of an angel. My heart was fluttering a thousand times, my feeling were at an all time high right now. But as he continues to sing, I can't help but think back to my previous statement. 'Anything that comes to mind in this moment.' Out of all the songs that he could have sang for me, why this one?

"Take my hand,

Take my whole life too,

For I can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea,

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be,"

Confusion and fear begin running throughout my body all at once, panic begins to flood my brain, but love begins to surround and warm my heart.

"Take my hand,

Take my whole life too,

For I can't help falling in love with you,

For I can't help falling in love with you."

As he begins to finish the beautiful song, his voice begins to slow down and get softer. His eyes raise up to meet mine finally, and I see so much emotion swimming through them that my breath hitches in my throat once again.

"That was so beautiful, Sebby," I whispered to him.

"Thank you, Lexi," he whispered back to me before leaning over so fast and crashing our lips together, the both of us smiling into the euphoric kiss.

•••

Sebastian and I were in our bed watching Netflix, his arms were wrapped around my waist, holding me close to him. I could feel his warm breath against my neck, his heartbeat against my ear, almost bringing me to a peaceful sleep.