10| emotions? what's that? who's she?

"HE DID WHAT?!?" Lucas shouted, standing abruptly from the couch opposite me

"HE DID WHAT?!?" Lucas shouted, standing abruptly from the couch opposite me. His face filled with pure anger, eyes wide, hands running down his face and through his brown coloured hair.

"Why didn't you tell me, Lex? I could've helped you! I'm your older brother and I should be protecting you! I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!" Lucas was muttering to himself towards the end of his sentence.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset, Luc. Please don't be mad at me. I was just scared to tell you and everyone else. I was embarrassed to be that girl who stayed in an abusive relationship, but I didn't know what else to do! I just couldn't handle the constant stares of pity and concern, never mind actually having to hear the people I care about feel sorry for me! I'm supposed to be strong! But I'm not! I'm weak, just like he said I was." I shouted out of sadness, tears began pouring out of my sad eyes once again.

Before I had told Lucas and Natalia about what had happened between Jackson, Sebastian, and I, and about my past relationship with Jackson, I went upstairs to change into my baggy grey joggers, one of Lucas's old tshirts and hoodies, paired with my fluffy socks and a messy bun on top of my head. I was sat on the chair in the living room, wrapped up in my fluffy blue blanket, sipping on my hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini marshmallows. Lucas and Natalia were sat opposite me on the couch, Natalia cuddled up next to Lucas, with his arm thrown over her shoulder. They both listened intently to what I had to say, taking my time telling them the story. They were both very patient with me, some more than others.

Since Lucas had some choice words to say about my asshole of an ex.

"You, Alexandra Brooklyn Black, are not weak. Okay? You are a Black, and Black's are not weak. And don't you dare feel ashamed or embarrassed for staying in an abusive and toxic relationship, because you were young. You didn't know what else to do. That wasn't love. What you and Sebastian share? That is love. He actually cares about you, Al. You said that he started fighting Jackson for what he said about you before you left right? Do you think Jackson would've done that for you? Defend you? Protect you? No, because he is an abusive asshole that didn't know how much you are worth, because you, Alexandra Black, are fucking priceless."

Never in my 5 years of knowing Natalia Jefferson - soon to be Black - have I ever heard a single swear word come out of her mouth. So, to say I'm speechless is an understatement.

She's going to be the best mother and wife, and I can't wait to see that happen.

I didn't say anything because I was too chocked up on my unheard sobs, so instead of saying how I felt. I showed them. I stood up from my seat with my blue fluffy blanket still loosely wrapped around me, I walked up to the both of them, and wrapped my arms around them both, showing them how much love I have for them. We all sat down on the sofa, the both of them with their arms wrapped around me, telling me that everything will be okay and that they love me.