20| city of love

THE CITY OF lights, the city of romance, the culinary capital of the world

THE CITY OF lights, the city of romance, the culinary capital of the world. Paris is known by many names, by many people. Over seven million people visit Paris, France each year and they each come away with their own opinion. Paris is known for a lot of things.

The architecture that surrounds Paris is insane. From the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Palace of Versailles, and so many more beautiful buildings. The fashion is top tier. And don't even get me started on the cuisine.

This is my first time ever coming to Paris, and I must admit, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to in my entire lifetime. It's even more beautiful when you've got Sebastian Kingsley walking alongside you.

Sebastian woke me up pretty early this morning, claiming he wanted to show me all the best places in Paris. I was pretty stubborn getting out of bed, to say that I am not a morning person is a fucking understatement. But, he convinced me finally after twenty minutes, saying that we'll head out to have freshly made breakfast in one of his favourite café's. I'll do anything for food, especially if it's freshly made.

We were in the middle of making our way to Sebastian's favourite café, Café de Cosette. Our hands were linked as one as we made our way down the old cobble street. I took in the difference of the architecture of the houses here and back home. The only word I could use to describe these houses were...cute. I wish I could come up with a different adjective to describe them, but I could not. The vines that trailed down on the front and sides of the houses made it look like a fairy tale. The windows that I could see from the front, had a small wooden ledge perched directly underneath them, some house using them as a place to keep their beautiful flowers. The doors were wooden, with a small stained glass window placed in the centre at the top. All of the houses that surrounded this quaint street gave off a rustic but homely vibe. And I loved it.

I was suddenly pulled in a different direction, taking a right down to another street, filled with very similar houses, only these ones were painted in a pastel yellow colour. I looked up towards Sebastian, and I found myself smiling up at his beautifully sculpted face.

The sharpness of his jawline makes my legs go instantly weak, it could cut me and I would say thank you. God, I sound like a basic bitch. I love the way his lips purse when he's trying his best to concentrate on something, and when he gets distracted he clenches his jaw, as if scolding himself for losing focus on the task at hand. I also love the way the corners of his lips beg to turn up into either a smirk or his beautiful smile when I tell him one of my stupid (yet hilarious) jokes. I love the way his cheeks turn even the slightest bit of red or pink when he does or says something embarrassing, but he always plays it off cool with a chuckle, a roll of those damn eyes, and of course his signature fucking smirk. I love the way his eyebrows pinch together when he gets frustrated with something, or when he gets confused. I love the way those beautiful fucking ocean blue eyes light up whenever he talks about something he's really passionate about, or when he sees someone that he cares deeply for. I love listening to his calming heartbeat when I'm pressed up closely to his chest. The beating of his heart sending a calming rhythm through my ears and into my system. Hearing the rhythm on repeat 24/7, making me feel safe and secure.