Chapter 38~ Going Home

Akuma held out a folded piece of paper. "I need to tell you why I'm sorry because I'm sure you'll find out...I uh...your friends were here. Well not here here, they were a few miles away I think they were assessing the security here."

You stared at her in shock, that quickly became anger. You sat up quickly and you were instantly overcome with intense dizziness. She gasped and made you lay back down. "Please dont move so fast! You're still injured! And I know you probably want to yell at me right now but I mean...you can't. Besides I want you to hear me out."

You were beyond frustrated with her and yourself, you wanted to demand the truth from her to interrogate her especially on why she didn't tell you sooner. But alas she was right you couldn't speak and that was the most frustrating part. What exactly was she about to tell you because this doesn't sound good AT ALL.

She sighed heavily. "Okay so it was late like I don't know maybe 9pm? I don't remember. But anyway I typically patrol the outskirts of the forest just before the facility and we'll. I noticed some kids. Teenagers to be exact and I saw one in particular that I recognized very well. It was one of the Soma twins. Makoto, he was with three others, a red head, a freckled boy with green hair...and an angry blonde with red eyes."

Your eyes remain fixated on Akuma, as wide as possible. 'K-katsuki was here? He...he came here!? For me!? A-and Izu? And even Eijiro? Wait...SHE SAID MAKOTO! Holy shit! I heard a ror that he was the only one to live but...but! It's true!? And he's met my friends!? This is all too much what...what happened ugh! I'm so frustrated! I want to speak!'

Tears flooded your eyes and you gripped Akuma's arm tightly. She smiled sadly at you and looked away. "I...I had to do something I really didn't want to Y/n. I....I had to scare them away. I'm so sorry but you know what Hisan would have done with them if he found them!" She bit her lip and looked at you with tears in her eyes.

She got up and pushed the stool away. She got on her knees, rested her forehead on the side of your cot and held your hand. "I had to mess with them psychologically and they still wouldn't leave so I...I just put a tiny bit of my toxin on a blow dart...I..." She hesitated to continue and you started to really worry you slowly sat up and started shaking her arm to urge her to continue. You were growing desperate. She took a deep breath sat up to look you in the eyes.

"I aimed for Bakugo."

Your face went blank and so did your mind. You were speechless...get it? Heh, but no really you couldn't even think of anything you just stared at her. Until you slowly started shaking your head. You started pulling you hand away from her. She desperately gripped it. "Please! Please don't Y/n! Just listen! I had to! I knew from what you told me that he was the hard headed determined type! And...and I if I hadn't done something like that, then he would have come back! Alone even! And I couldn't let another kid get hurt! Especially one that means so much to you!"

You wrenched your hand away from her and continued to stare in disbelief.

"I-it was only enough to cause a fever and muscle weakness it wasn't enough to seriously hurt him but if I could get him they'd get the hint, they'd get the warning and not try again! But..."

'Oh god...but what!? But what Akuma what did you do!?'

"Makoto jumped between the dart and Bakugo, he took the hit. They need up walking back to their car and leaving, they were fine I swear...I'm...I'm sorry Y/n."