Chapter 53 ~ All the shiny things

(A/N) Hey guys! Sorry I've been M.I.A for a while, the days leading up to my surgery have been pretty stressful and I was told to take a break from writing and drawing for at least 3 weeks. I'm popping back in for now with the next chapter. The discord is still in the works since it's my first time having my own server and I've barely used discord in the past so I'm still learning lol, and with me trying to take drawing and writing slow it's definitely been a work in progress, but I'll post a separate update when it's ready. Anyway while I'm recovering from my surgery I'll still be writing but most of my writing will be done with speech to text and I won't be able to edit very much so there might be a bit more mistakes than usual. I'm going to update each book that I have out in the next few days to the next week and I'll also be releasing a new book this time it's going to be either a Shoto x Reader or x OC I haven't decided yet I'm pretty attached to the current character I have drawn up for it though. But I'm hoping that you guys can be patient with me just a little bit longer thank you so much for your support I love you guys ❤️

All this excitement might make me explode! On top of being invited to accompany Katsuki on a hiking trip, I'm now staring at the most amazing mineral/crystal exhibit I've EVER seen! I don't know which booth to go to! Left and right! They're all over the place, they're so beautiful and powerful!

I'm zipping around like a child in a candy store at this point. I feel a little bad like I might be dragging Katsuki around with me but every now and again I catch him watching me with a smug smile.

"I figured that since you're apparently loaded you would enjoy coming here to shop around." He shrugged nonchalantly as he turned over a gorgeous fire opal.

My cheeks became flush with embarrassment, I don't really care to discuss my finances with people and when they're pointed out I feel so awkward. I don't want people to treat me different just because I have money....a lot of money. I'm glad he still treats me the same despite knowing that.

I watched him as he marveled over the different hues of red and orange that burned within the opal. He was so drawn to it and I buzzed with excitement over the thought of him actually buying it. I want to share my interests with him. I want to show him all the things I love and I want him to show me all the things he loves.

But sadly he sat down the opal and turn to me. "What are you staring at me for shouldn't you be staring at rocks?" I nervously chuckled and peeked around him at the opal that he had been looking at.

"I thought you were going to get that you seem to really like it. If you do you should totally buy it!" I said with a bright and cheerful smile, I wanted to share the experience with him it didn't just have to be about me.

"What? I wasn't looking at anything, don't be stupid I brought you here for you not for me." He stumbled over his words with an awkward stutter as if he were embarrassed to be caught looking at gemstones and the like. It made me chuckle, he can play tough all he wants but he's already started opening up to me so it's only a matter of time until I wiggle my way in to his heart completely.

But alas I decided that there was no point in forcing him into anything at the moment I just wanted to enjoy the day with him if he wants to come around then he will. I'm content with this much he actually seems to be enjoying himself.

We continue to walk around and look at each stall that piqued my interest there were a few times but he actually led the way to a stall he seemed interested in himself. He even asked me questions. Like "what is this called? what is it made out of?"and questions that I guess I wasn't expecting like "when you touch this rock what do you feel? what energy does it give off?"

I was so incredibly happy that he was actually taking an interest, a genuine interest. I can't imagine that he would just ask these things unless he actually cared about the answers, he's just not that kind of person. Katsuki Bakugo doesn't do something unless he actually wants to do it.