Chapter 14

The next day in New York, I avoided Nathan. Yea, yea, call me a bitch, I don't care. I just can't believe I did that. It was noon, so I went to Luke's hotel room. I knocked on his door.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked me looking confused.

"Want to get lunch?" I asked him and he nodded. We walked out and walked to the nearest restaurant.

"I need to tell you something?" I said.

"Your pregnant?!" He asked.

"No Luke," I said.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"You remember when you and the guys went out partying that one day and I stayed with Nathan?" I asked as he nodded. I took a deep breath. "Well, we got drunk and you know," I said. He spit his water.

"NO WAY!" He said. "What's the problem?" He asked.

"I told him to forget about it, and then in the plane. I-i kissed him," I said looking down.

"KAT! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! OBVIOUSLY PRINCE CHARMING IS RIGHT THERE!" He yelled.

"Shut up Luke! And do you really think that we could have a future together? I mean c'mon Luke. Be realistic," I said to him.

"Listen K, you need to be realistic. That dude obviously likes you. The way he looks at you when you two are talking obviously is noticeable. So maybe you should give him a chance," he said.

"Maybe," I said then we continued our lunch.

When we got back, we all just hung out.

New Years Eve

We headed to Times Square and when we got there, we got to the dressing rooms. Me and Ashley got ready for our show. First was 5SOS, then The Wanted, then us. After 5SOS was done, The Wanted went on stage. Their performance of I Found You was the best I have ever seen. There was a short break after them. Jay pulled me to the side.

"What did you think?" He asked.

"It was great. The best one I have ever seen," I said.

"You know why," he said and I shook my head no. "Because Nathan sang to the best of his ability because he knew you were watching. He wants to impress you. He wasn't doing it for his band mates, Scooter, or anyone else, he did it for YOU. Because, he seriously fancies you. And I can tell, is in love with you," Jay said. My jaw dropped.

"Please give it up for our next guess. Kat Irwin and Ashley Hood!" The announcer said.

"Jay, I-I got to go," I said and ran on stage. We saw the boys in the front row. We did a cover of Fifth Harmony's song, Sledgehammer. At times I would only look at Nathan and he would smile as would I. After we were done, we joined the boys for the 10 second countdown.

"10..."

"9..."

"8..."

"7..."

"6..."

"5..."

"4..."

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
Everyone screamed.

Then couples started kissing. I was about to walk out to go to the hotel, when I felt someone grab my hand and pulled toward the person and I felt lips against mine. I instantly knew the person was Nathan. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist. We pulled apart and rested our foreheads against eachother.

"Happy New Year, Little One," he said.

"Happy New Year, Nath," I said back as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.