Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Friends

Drake's P.O.V*

Brandon came running towards me. When he got to me, he held out his hand. A cricket sat there.

"Cricket." He said, a smile on his face. Haley leaned away.

"That's great." I said. "Why don't you go set it free." He ran back to the playground.

"He's a cutie pie." Haley said. "He looks a lot like you."

"You think? He has Hayden's eyes."

"Well I wouldn't know."

I looked at her. Does she want to meet Hayden? Why would she? I figured she'd not like Hayden since I'm in a relationship with her.

"Would you like to come over for dinner?" I asked her.

She seemed shocked by my question. "Um, sure. I'd love to. But I'd have to clear it with my parents."

"That's fine. Just let me know before 7:00."

Hayden's P.O.V*

The restaurant had emptied and there was thirty minutes until closing time. I sat at the bar drinking a coke.

"So how are the triplets?" Tony asked me. "You're appointment was today right?"

"Yeah. We found out what we're having. Two girls and a boy."

"Congratulations. I know you wanted a girl."

"And now I'll have two. I'm so excited to have these babies. And before I know it they'll be here. I only have 22 weeks to go."

I'm excited to see my babies, but I'm also scared that we're not financially ready. We may not be able to afford somewhere to live or buy supplies for the kids. I'm sure we're going to be stretched very thin.

My cell rang and I took it from my pocket. I looked and saw that it was Drake. I quickly answered.

"Hey Drake." I answered.

"We're going to have a dinner guest tonight."

"A dinner guest? Who?"

"She's a friend from work."

"Oh, okay. I have thirty minutes left of work."

"I'll handle dinner."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. You're 18 weeks. You can't be expected to do everything."
"Alright. See you when I get home."

After work I drove home. It was slow for the last thirty minutes we were open but I prefer when it's slow. Especially since I can hardly maneuver around so many people with the size of my stomach.

I got home and went inside. I smelled food and it smelled good. Brandon came running from the kitchen and I picked him up.

"Hey sweetie." I greeted him, kissing him on the cheek.

"What did you do while mommy was gone?"

"Park." He answered.

"That sounds fun."

I walked into the kitchen and found Drake cooking. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey." He said. "Haley will be here soon."

"Then I'd better go change."

"Nothing fancy."

"I know, I know."