Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Falling Apart

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke and looked beside me for Drake, but he wasn't there. I then remembered that I had him sleep downstairs on the couch. I don't know what got into him last night, but I plan to find out.

I got up and went to see if the kids were up. I found Brandon playing on the floor with a toy car.

"Hey Bran." I said, picking him up. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah." He answered, nodding his head.

I carried Brandon downstairs and found Drake asleep on the couch. I left him sleeping there and went to make breakfast. I fixed some eggs, bacon, and some waffles. Brandon surprisingly waited patiently at his little table.

"Morning." I heard Drake say.

"Hi." I answered, not wanting to be rude.

"You made breakfast?"

"For Brandon and me."

"What about me?"

"You'll have to make your own."

He sighed and began to make himself breakfast. I would have made him breakfast if I wasn't still upset with him about last night.

"Is this about last night?" Drake asked me.

"I don't know, what do you think?" I asked sarcastically.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? I had a bad night and I was tired. I was annoyed."

"So you come home and take it out on your fiancée?"

"I didn't..."

"That's smart." I cut him off. "Because last night, that was the second time you came home, yelling at me like I'm a child. If that's how it's going to be, I'm not sticking around for it. I refuse to be talked down to."

Drake's P.O.V*

I sighed in frustration. I don't want to tell her about last night. It'd only make her angrier, and just thinking about it is making me upset.

"I don't have time for this." I said. "I have to get to work."

I left the kitchen and went to get ready for work. I went upstairs and showered then dressed in my uniform. I said goodbye to the kids and left.

I got to work and punched in. I then went to put on my apron. I saw people already seated at my tables and went to take their orders.

I placed the orders in the kitchen and waited for the food to come up. I spotted Haley coming in my direction and I stiffened. She looked at me then looked down at the ground and bit her bottom lip. She placed orders in the kitchen then walked away. I relaxed. At least she's not speaking to me like I asked.

Hayden's P.O.V*

I tried studying for my finals while Brandon played with his toys and the triplets were quiet. I have to get good grades on these finals. My grades having been slacking because I've been so busy with work and the kids. I need good grades on the finals to make up for everything.

"Mommy." Brandon said, tapping me on my leg.

"Yes sweetie?" I answered him.

"Play?" He held up a toy car.

"I can't sweetie. Mommy has to study. "Here."

I found a kids show on my phone and handed it to Brandon to watch. We still haven't gotten a TV and it's sort of beginning to bug me now.