Chapter 29 (Part 1)

Chapter 29

The Big Day

Hayden's P.O.V*

Drake held me in his arms as we watched a movie on my laptop. The kids are split between Kristie and Carson so they won't have such a burden. Tomorrow is our wedding day so Drake and I are spending the day together before we're married. Tonight he'll be staying at his mother's house while I stay at home. It was his mother's idea and she wasn't letting us disagree.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Drake.

"Should I be?"

"No, but I am."

"What, are you worried you'll trip over your dress?"

Actually, that hadn't even occurred to me. What if I do trip over my dress while walking to the alter? That'd be humiliating.

"I'm just kidding." He said. "You'll be perfect. Don't stress yourself out. We don't want you getting worry lines."

I'm sure most people get nervous on their wedding day. I'll be walking down an isle with every pair of eyes on me. Now that Drake put the idea in my head, I'm afraid I'm going to trip on something and embarrass myself.

"Stop thinking about it." Drake said.

"I can't help it."

"How about we do something to get your mind off it?"

"Like what?"

Drake met his lips with mine and I immediately kissed him back. I turned in his arms so I was hovering over top of him.

"Should we do this?" I asked, pulling away. "Shouldn't we wait until after the wedding?"

"I think it's a little too late for that." He laughed.

"No, I just think that we should wait. Wouldn't it be more special?"

"Every time is special. You're special. We can do it right now and tomorrow and the day after and it'd still be special."

"Okay then." I smiled, meeting my lips with Drake's again.

He lifted my shirt over my head then tangled one of his hands in my hair. He then reached back to unclasp my bra.

It all seems so unreal that I'll be marrying Drake tomorrow. The fact that this day is actually here feels strange. I'd thought I would still be waiting to be proposed to at this time. Tomorrow is a special day and I refuse to let anything ruin it. No matter what, I will marry Drake and become Mrs. Hayden Burton.

***

My alarm went off and I reached over to turn it off, not bothering to open my eyes. I knew I shouldn't have stayed up late just to spend more time with Drake. It's not like I'm not going to see him again today. Now I'm going to look exhausted on my wedding day. This is not how I planned it.

My second alarm that I set on my phone went off twenty minutes later. I turned it off and forced myself out of bed. I sat on the edge of my bed and stretched. I'm excited that I'm getting married today, but the fact that I'm tired is ruining everything.

The doorbell rang and I sighed, forcing myself off the bed. I went downstairs and answered the door. Immediately I was taken into a tight hug.

"It's the big day!" Kristie exclaimed.

She released me and came inside. Veronica followed closely behind. I shut the door behind them.

"You and Drake look equally tired." Veronica said. "You shouldn't have stayed up late."