Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Fights

Hayden's P.O.V*

I wasn't expecting this at all. And now I'm worried that Drake will be angrier than ever because of this.

"It's not everyday that I see this." Dr. Reynolds said. "You're having triplets. Congratulations."

I never expected myself to ever have triplets, or any type of multiples. This is a lot more than what we bargained for. How can we possibly raise four children?

"Drake, we're having triplets!" I exclaimed. "Can you believe this?" He slowly shook his head.

"You're 7 weeks along and two are identical."

This is so exciting. Three babies all at once! Too bad I'm going to get huger than before.

"With triplets you are at a high risk of losing them or having twin-to-twin transfusion. I'd like you to come in every other week for checkups, okay?"

"Yeah."

I wiped off my stomach and walked over to Drake. He was staring into space and Brandon still tried to get his attention.

"I'll set up an appointment for next week on Wednesday." Dr. Reynolds said.

"Alright, sounds good."

I took Drake's hand and led him out the room. Brandon quickly followed. I looked up at Drake and he had a weird look on his face.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked him, stopping us from walking.

"Uh... I really need a job now. We have to get out of your mother's house and move into a place big enough for the six of us. We need to bring in more money."

"We'll deal with all of that later. I'm only 7 weeks. We still have time."

Drake drove us home. Once there, I called Kristie with the good news. I'm sure she'll be shocked.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding a little tired.

"Kristie, it's me Hayden. I have something to tell you. I found out today that I'm pregnant with triplets."

"Shut up!" She exclaimed, the tiredness gone. "Triplets? That's amazing. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks. I'm happy."

"But you're going to get so huge."

"I know. That's the downside of it. But I'll try to keep the extra weight off."

"Good luck with that."

After talking with Kristie for a while, I went to find Drake. I found him in the kitchen looking through the paper.

"You're looking through the paper? Since when do you read about the news?"

"I'm looking for a job."

I sighed. "Would you relax? You're stressing yourself."

"We need the money, okay?"

"We have 7 months left. That's plenty of time. Besides, I can take an extra shift at the pub."

"No." Drake quickly said. "That's too much work. You have college to deal with. Extra hours would be too much for you to handle."

I sighed. I know he wants a job, but he doesn't have to look at this moment. We could be doing something else.

"How about you give that a break and come sit with me?" I asked him.

The doorbell rang and I went to answer it. When I answered the door I was surprised to see Ashton. Ever since we broke up I don't see him much.