Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Tired

Hayden's P.O.V*

I heard my bedroom door open and immediately woke up. I looked at my clock and saw that it was just after 12:00. I sat up a little and looked to see Drake with his back to me. He slipped off his shirt and began to unbuckle his pants.

"How did it go?" I asked him with a tired voice.

"Alright I guess." He simply answered.

"Are they finished questioning you?"

"I don't know."

He slipped off his pants so he was in his boxers and came to get in bed next to me. I turned to face him.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Can you quit with the questions?" He snapped. "I don't know, Hayden. Now can I please just go to sleep? I have work in the morning."

He turned so his back was to me. I laid back down and stared up at the ceiling for a moment. What has him so upset? Did something happen? If so, why won't he just tell me? I hate when he keeps secrets.

The next morning I woke up and found Drake gone. I checked my clock and saw that he should already be at work. I got up and made my way downstairs. I made waffles and eggs and ate them quickly. I put the dirty dishes in the sink and began to clean up the house a little.

I picked up Brandon's toys and returned them to his toy box. I cleaned the kitchen and a vacuumed the living room. I washed clothes and then took a break.

"Mama." I heard Brandon say. I saw him coming down the stairs.

"Hey Brandon." He came over to me and I picked him up. "Are you hungry?" He nodded.

I took him into the kitchen and fixed him some eggs and bacon. I sat him at the table and gave him a juice box.

"There you go." I said.

Once of the babies began to cry and I sighed. The day has officially started and I can tell it's going to be rough.

Drake's P.O.V*

I cleared a table of dishes and placed the bin in the kitchen. I'm not in the mood to work today. I'm pissed off still after the questions I was asked yesterday. I can't believe they really think I could be guilty. They're idiots for believing what Paul says. I'm not going to let them take me away from my family. And I am not going back to jail.

"What's up?" Haley asked me.

"Nothing." I answered.

"Come on. It's obvious that you don't want to be here What's wrong?"

"Personal stuff."

"Is everything okay with you and Hayden?"

"Yeah. We're fine. It's other things that I don't want to discuss right now."

"Oh, okay. I hope everything works out."

"Yeah, me too."

"Drake!" I heard my boss, Ms. Jane, call.

"Yes?" I turned to face her.

She wore grey slacks and a red shirt. Her graying hair was pinned back and she wore too much makeup.

"Today is your lucky day. You're being promoted to waiter."

I smiled. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. You've been working hard and I know it hasn't been easy with three newborns. You start today. Haley, help him out."