Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Genders

Drake's P.O.V*

I grimaced as I pulled the dirty dishes into the large bin. Everyone has the easy job of taking orders and bringing out food. I get to clean up the leftovers.

"Come on Drake, speed it up." Haley said, poking me in my side as she walked by.

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled as I reset the table.

I walked into the back and cleared out the bin of dirty dishes. Mark, the dishwasher gave an annoyed look.

"Just doing my job." I said, putting my hands up in defense. At least I don't have his job.

I went back out and looked around, there were no other tables to clear so I leaned against the wall in the back of the restaurant and waited.

"People not eating fast enough?" Haley asked me, smiling as she placed the orders she'd taken.

"No. I could stand here all day."

"Ms. Jane wouldn't allow that. Sorry." She gave me a fake frown.

"What? She loves me. She doesn't care what I do."

"Ms. Jane loves everyone." She rolled her eyes.

My cell rang, making me jump. I thought I turned that off before I started working. I took it from my pocket and saw that it was Hayden calling me.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered.

"I'm sorry to call you while you're at work."

"No, it's fine. What do you need? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if it would be okay if Kristie, Joey, Fiona, and Ashton could come over for dinner?"

"What? Shouldn't Fiona and Ashton be on their honeymoon?"

"They don't leave until next week."

"Why do they want to come over anyway?"

"I don't know. They asked to come over for dinner so I'm asking you first."

"Well, I guess they can come over. But I'm not cooking."

"Okay. Love you. See you when you get home."

"Bye."

I hung up and stuffed my phone back in my pocket. I really wish we weren't having company. But Hayden seemed like she wanted them to come over so I couldn't say no.

"Everything okay?" Haley asked me.

"My girlfriend wants her friends to come over for dinner."

"You live with your girlfriend?"

"Well we have a 2-tear-old and three more on the way. Can you imagine me not living with her?" I saw a table of people get up and leave. "I have a table to clear. Talk to you later."

Hayden's P.O.V*

I sat on the floor and played with Brandon. It feels like I don't do this enough, or it's been a while.

"Truck." Brandon said, holding up his toy truck.

"Yeah, truck." I said smiling. He knows so many words knows it's amazing. He knows most of the alphabet and can count to 15. He's growing up so fast and I wish it would slow down.

"Food." He said, patting his mouth.

"Okay, I'll get you a snack."

I got up with a grunt. My stomach is getting so big. It's hard to do things and I'm only 18 weeks. It's insane. I made my way into the kitchen and began to chop up a banana. I got a small cup of applesauce and got a spoon. I brought it into the living room and placed it on the floor in front of Brandon.