Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Trouble

Drake's P.O.V*

Henry came to stand by my bed. I can't believe he thinks I violated my parole. I'm the injured one.

"Why did Paul attack you?" Henry asked.

"Because I sold him out." I answered.

"Did you have any contact with him prior to the incident?"

"None. He showed up out of nowhere."

"And is it true that you agreed to sell contraband again?"

"No. Who told you that?"

"Alright. That's all the questions we have for now. We'll leave you alone now."

Henry and the cop left the room, leaving me alone with my family again. Brandon tried to climb up on to my bed.

"Hey Bran." I said, picking him up and placing him on the bed. "How did you do with the kids alone?"

"Tough. I'm exhausted, but it was worth. I'll take them off your hands as soon as they let me out of here."

"No. You'll need rest."

"I'm not a cripple now. I feel fine."

"That's what they all say." Drake's mom said. "Hayden's right. You'll have to take it slow. Well, I just wanted to make sure you were fine. I have to get home."

"And I have to get to work." Veronica said.

"Okay." Drake responded. "Thanks for being here."

Drake's mom and sister left, leaving him alone with me and the kids. Drake turned his attention to Brandon who played with Drake's IV.

"Don't touch that Brandon." I told him, moving his hand away.

"He's fine." Drake said.

"He's been acting out all week. I think it's because he missed you. Hopefully he'll act better now that you're awake."

"Well hopefully I'll be home soon. I miss it."

"And our bed misses you." I leaned down to kiss him again.

Two Days Later

Drake wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed along my neck. I laughed and tried to pull away.

"Stop." I said. "The kids will be up soon."

"Mhm." He simply responded, kissing along my jaw line.

"Drake." I moaned.

"The kids can wait." He said, meeting his lips with mine.

Drake just got home today and we've been watching after the kids from the moment we stepped through the door. Now the kids are down for a nap and I know that won't last long.

"I've hardly touched you since the triplets were born." Drake said. "It's been too long."

"Why are you being so sweet?"

"I'm always like this."

"Sure you are." I said sarcastically. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Because I could have died the other day and never have gotten to say or show you how much I love you. So everyday, I'm going to show you. Because who knows when we'll no longer be here."

He's right, but I don't want to think about that. It'd make me sad thinking that I may never see him again, or that I could be gone and leave him and the kids.