Chapter 29 (Part 2)

Hayden's P.O.V*

Once my hair was finished, I changed Alyssa into her dress. I slipped on her purple tutu dress with purple flowers wrapping around the waist. Brooke has an identically one in pink. I gave Alyssa a toy to distract her while I do her hair. Brooke and Alyssa both have long thick hair. I combed through her hair and let it hang down just past her ears. I place a large flower clip in her hair.

***

Soon my tent was filled with bridesmaids getting dressed and getting their hair done. Alyssa and Brooke were both dressed in their matching dresses and were sitting in their wagon, out of the way. I sat in a chair and waited for everyone to be finished. I need help putting my dress on, and I need as much space as possible so that no one steps on my dress. I wonder if it's this chaotic in Drake's tent next door?

Soon most of the bridesmaids cleared out to get into position. Ms. Burton, Kristie, and Veronica stayed behind to help me. I stripped down to my underwear. I slipped the garter up my leg and onto my thigh.

"How are you feeling?" Kristie asked me.

"I'm nervous." I answered truthfully. "I've been waiting for this day forever, but now that it's finally here, I'm nervous."

"Everyone gets nervous on their wedding day, not matter what." Ms. Burton said. "But you have to remember it'll be one of the most happiest days of your life."

I slipped on my dress and Veronica zipped up the back. I went to the nearby mirror and looked myself over. The dress has a strapless bodice that has intricately designed beaded Venise Jace appliqué and corset detailing, with an Organza ruffled skirt. I slipped on my silver heeled shoes.

"You look perfect." Ms. Burton complimented me.

"Are you ready?" Veronica asked me.

"Yeah, let's do this." I said with a smile.

I grabbed my bouquet of flowers and left the tent. I looked across the field at the filled rows of chairs. I took a deep breath as more butterflies seemed to appear in my stomach.

"This is really happening." I said.

"Everything will be fine." Kristie said. "The wedding itself will only take a few minutes, then the real fun comes with the after party."

"She means the reception." Veronica said, rolling her eyes. "But she's right. Everything will be fine, and before you know it you'll be married."

Soft music began to play, telling me that it's starting. The flower girls went down the isle first. After them went Brandon, our adorable ring bearer. After Brandon, the bridesmaids and groomsman were to go. But because Veronica doesn't have a date, and didn't want to be paired with a stranger, she was to pull the triplets down the isle in their wagon first.

"I have to go now." Veronica said. "I'll see you at the alter." She gave me a smile before walking off, pulling the triplets behind her.

After Veronica walked down the isle, the bridesmaids and groomsmen went. I was beginning to get more and more anxious as my time to walk down the isle came.

"Remember to relax." Ms. Burton said before leaving me as well.

She linked arms with Jeffrey and they walked down the isle side by side. I took a deep breath as my 'here comes the bride' music began.

"Are you ready sweetheart?" I heard Carson ask. I looked up to see him standing beside me.

I smiled. I had asked Carson and my mother to walk me down the isle, wanting to share this day with both of them.